United thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entirely different circumstances now. Peggy has been found out and he's no longer the media darling. When he first rolled up at the Chavs it was all new and exciting for them, it then disintegrated and ended in tears. He had his sabbatical and then returned like the prodigal son. Their Prem win was more a case of us losing it. So after feasting on the metaphorical fatted calf he experienced a damn near famine - relegation.
He has no settling in period at the swamp because they absolutely demand a top four place...at the very very least. And they demand it yesterday.
I was talking about the teams he left behind in response to a previous post.
They have certainly not ALL been bad, Chelsea Mk1 and Real were very successful shortly after he left. We don't know how Chelsea Mk11 will fare.
Few things would give me greater pleasure in football than to see him crash and burn at the swamp. I can't stand the guy and never wanted him here. How he will do though I don't know he isn't a fool.

I was talking about the teams he left behind in response to a previous post.
They have certainly not ALL been bad, Chelsea Mk1 and Real were very successful shortly after he left. We don't know how Chelsea Mk11 will fare.
Few things would give me greater pleasure in football than to see him crash and burn at the swamp. I can't stand the guy and never wanted him here. How he will do though I don't know he isn't a fool.

If he does crash and burn the rags are in a right mess - they have relcutantly gone for him when more 'suitable' characters have failed! where could they go next! Imagine if Morinho made a mess - got sacked - and Giggs / Neville were appointed to sort it out!

The thing that disgusts me -but doesn't surprise me- is the way the media are trying to put a positive spin on the peg to smeg issue. They're trying to make it out like the vile vermin had their choice of top names to come in and take over, but every fair-minded fan knows the complete opposite is the truth. If Peggy doesn't take over, realistically, who would? Aside from the family man there's no other candidate...unless Fat Sam takes over.

Colin Murray on Talk Shite was inviting people to discuss the possibility that Maureen is "yesterday's man". I thought it was the perfect term for it Yesterday's man at Yesterday's" club. Perfect.

Edited slightly.

Sick of all this "It's not The Manchester United WayTM" bollox when referring to how they always play. It was the Govan Piss Can's Way of playing. Their subsequent managerial appointments of The Moyesiah, The Tactical Turtle and now The PEG, none of whom have ever been associated with that 'way" being evidence that the Club doesn't have any actual grasp of the concept. Maybe because it's just bollox.

Every club, especially its fans aspire to free flowing attacking football. But if pragmatism wins you stuff then suddenly that's all forgotten about. But some clubs fans cling on to the myth that it was them alone who invented such a thing and it's only their clubs that insist on their teams playing in that nebulous way. Maybe it's true of some fans of all clubs but for sure at the rags and certainly the red scouse it's become an illness.

The United Way really is more about hyperbole and hysteria. This has certainly been a trait dating back to at least the 50s because my dad, who was one who used to go watch both when they were squatting at Maine Road, said that there was always more a sense of hysteria during the rag home games that he really didn't like, or buy into, but which was obviously attractive to some of the weaker minded City fans of the time who deserted us for them and swelled their fanbase of even more "glory" hunters. (They use that word a lot, "Glory", but I don't think I've really ever heard a City fan use it...?) The events of Feb 6th 1958 only served to help the myth and legend grow in the minds of them all. It wasn't just a tragedy, it was a huge opportunity and they took it whilst simultaneously adopting The Devil as their emblem. Delightful.

"The Theatre of Dreams"??? What's wrong with "Old Trafford"?

"He doesn't play the manchester united way" What's wrong with just saying that he hasn't brought the success that we wanted (champions league football) and we think the next guy will give us a better chance? That's basically what most other clubs say. They don't feel the need to talk about a singular tradition and style... But this lot do.

Hyperbole and hysteria. That's The United Way.

Fantastic post and spot on. United are not and never have been pioneers of fuck-all when it comes to footballing styles. Queens Park FC piss all over them in that regard as they're credited with being pioneers of the modern passing game while pretty much every other team was still trying to dribble the ball into the fucking net - I'd expect the GPC in particular to know this given that Queens Park hail from his own city but it wouldn't surprise me if he's never given them any credit for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.