United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1. I'm intrigued as to why Done's lending out big money like that. Bent as a u-nail that man
It's quite common for clubs to do what Atletico did plus they were skint and needed the money quickly. It's like invoice factoring, where companies "sell" the invoices payable by their customers to finance companies to smooth their cash flow.

The problem arose when the FA were scrutinising the paperwork on the transfer to make sure everything was OK and it turned out that AM had borrowed the money from a British Virgin Isles registered fund. They insisted on more details & there was some negotiation before they got the name of the fund owner. He wasn't named outright in Der Spiegel but was described as a "north west businessman who'd made his money from selling a chain of high street betting shops that bore his name". How many can you think of who fit that description?

As to why, he's got loads of money sitting there and gets a chance to make some more risk free, as we aren't going to fail to pay the remaining instalments.

Re the Wolves attendance of 67k that was clearly ridiculous.

Arsenal frequently quote the Emirates as sold out when there are thousands of season ticket no-shows, and we have done it in the past, i.e. count paying fans as attending.

Man Utd have 53,000 season ticket holders, and Wolves had a 3,000 allocation. However I looked on the afternoon of the game and there about 10,000 seats available for sale. There's no way that attendance of 67k was correct even if you include non-attending season ticket holders.

If they are trying to protect their image then they will pay for it because they have to distribute half the gate money to Wolves.

pedant mode
For replays each club gets 42.5%.
The FA take the rest.

It's quite common for clubs to do what Atletico did plus they were skint and needed the money quickly. It's like invoice factoring, where companies "sell" the invoices payable by their customers to finance companies to smooth their cash flow.

The problem arose when the FA were scrutinising the paperwork on the transfer to make sure everything was OK and it turned out that AM had borrowed the money from a British Virgin Isles registered fund. They insisted on more details & there was some negotiation before they got the name of the fund owner. He wasn't named outright in Der Spiegel but was described as a "north west businessman who'd made his money from selling a chain of high street betting shops that bore his name". How many can you think of who fit that description?

As to why, he's got loads of money sitting there and gets a chance to make some more risk free, as we aren't going to fail to pay the remaining instalments.

and the beauty of that is that Fred Done is a huge United fan, now I know business is business but he ensured that we got one of our greatest ever signings !! That is nearly akin to falling out over a racehorse.

Lee Sharpe reckons Pogba could become a rag legend. What a dick. Ferguson at least got it right when he binned the showpony off. This applies to either

Uefa have released their annual report into the state of football financially. I am sure you will be pleased to know that ………………..

'United, still carrying borrowings and other financial charges loaded on the Glazer family since they took over the club in 2005, had the highest net debt in Europe, at €568m.'

Also City are quoted as breaking the record for the most spent in one season on players (€282m). The other club to beat the record set by Madrid was the rags who spent €223m.
One team won the league the other finished so far down I have forgotten where. I think you can work out which one is which.

Uefa have released their annual report into the state of football financially. I am sure you will be pleased to know that ………………..

'United, still carrying borrowings and other financial charges loaded on the Glazer family since they took over the club in 2005, had the highest net debt in Europe, at €568m.'

Also City are quoted as breaking the record for the most spent in one season on players (€282m). The other club to beat the record set by Madrid was the rags who spent €223m.
One team won the league the other finished so far down I have forgotten where. I think you can work out which one is which.
So now they have the "net debt" trophy in their cabinet, just another cup for the scousers to set their sights on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.