United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems crazy that they're still in with a shout of a Champions League place. So many teams under performing this season.

Indeed. I can't see them achieving CL football though. It's only the inconsistencies of Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea & Leicester that have given them a glimmer of hope. When we're all heading for the final strait come April/May I think they'll be too far behind to have even a slim chance of catching anybody.

Tbf, these shitty kick off times are something that all football fans should be showing solidarity on. It’s a joke.

I agree Ric,. It's a bloody piss take.
If a parent normally takes their kids to a game and it's kicking off at 8.15 then it's gone 10 by time it finishes which isn't good if they have school in the morning.
Mind you it's probably easier for Burnley fans to get home to Dingletown than for the rags fans to get back to London or the South West.

Liverpool.

ea8044c8b7a407643d74ca278c2c6f9e.jpg
That is some serious ms paint skills

This season is surreal. Win against Burnley at OT tonight, and they're only 3 points off Champions League for next season. And the script here (rightly) has always been that OGS is clueless and they're having an average to bad season with occasional highlights, like the league win at ours.

To be honest, if the rags get 4th, Woodwood and the Glazers will probably view that as a good season and let OGS continue at the helm. Bizarre.
If they do finish 4th then they'll almost certainly keep Solskjaer for at least another season. Whereas, if they miss out I think they'll sack him and hire a better coach like Pochettino for example.

I'd be happy to see them in the Europa League again as that would still set them back but not as much as keeping Solskjaer would. I think finishing 5th would actually be a catalyst for progress because the bad managerial appointments won't go on much longer.

Looking at the bigger picture, getting champions league football would probably be detrimental to their ambitions for next season. Who would want to go there with Solskjaer in charge? And even if they do manage to attract good players, their impact will be reduced significantly due to the poor coaching.

As much as I don't want them to get top four, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. On the surface it looks like a success but in reality it would just prolong their mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.