United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they lost De Gea and Pogba then their top six place could be under genuine threat from the likes of Wolves and Everton.

Even if they retain the pair of them I can see them struggling for sixth next season. The club is a mess, from top to bottom - and then quite a bit more. And it's been that way since the last year or so of the Pisscan's reign. From what I can see there appears to be no forward planning, no specific blueprint for the coming future, it all just seems a bit 'whatever' from those in charge. As if the Glazers truly are just saying: "Look, you blokes just do whatever it is you do, don't bother us we're counting the money".

I don't get that impression from either Everton or Wolves. Both of those clubs seem to be in the hands of capable and trustworthy people, competent business men who also happen to love the game. Something entirely lacking at the swamp.

Even if they retain the pair of them I can see them struggling for sixth next season. The club is a mess, from top to bottom - and then quite a bit more. And it's been that way since the last year or so of the Pisscan's reign. From what I can see there appears to be no forward planning, no specific blueprint for the coming future, it all just seems a bit 'whatever' from those in charge. As if the Glazers truly are just saying: "Look, you blokes just do whatever it is you do, don't bother us we're counting the money".

I don't get that impression from either Everton or Wolves. Both of those clubs seem to be in the hands of capable and trustworthy people, competent business men who also happen to love the game. Something entirely lacking at the swamp.

So you're not entirely convinced that Ole is going to restore the club to it's former all-conquering best ?

James could be a decent signing for them - he caused us a few problems at Swansea last season - and I can understand why they might move away from their policy of signing established “stars”. It’s hardly been a roaring success for them of late. They’ve tried everything else, so they might as well have a go at signing young unproven players. But then you read that they’re still offering contract extensions to the likes of Young, Jones, Smalling and now Mata, and it makes you wonder what on earth their strategy for next season actually is.

If they lost De Gea and Pogba then their top six place could be under genuine threat from the likes of Wolves and Everton.
Agreed.

Can't wait :)

As much as o dislike him Bodger's will make Leicester very competitive as well.

I can see them finishing outside the top 8

In the past, the rags have been on the tv more times than anyone else and consequently have gained a shed load of money. If they carry on in the same vein in the new season I can see a big drop in viewing figures for their games and a subsequent drop in games televised and money.

In the past, the rags have been on the tv more times than anyone else and consequently have gained a shed load of money. If they carry on in the same vein in the new season I can see a big drop in viewing figures for their games and a subsequent drop in games televised and money.

Fingers crossed then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.