United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got frustrated in the 2011 FA Cup Semi Final and made a hurrendous tackle on Zaba because he wasnt involved in the game.

It wasn't a tackle, it was a pre meditated assault

Baconface said in a press conference that "Paul just can't tackle " when he could.
He was nasty twat and after rasher chops had declared as a poor tackler and it was accepted, the ginger pig was given carte blanche to go studs up on any opponent

It wasn't a tackle, it was a pre meditated assault

Baconface said in a press conference that "Paul just can't tackle " when he could.
He was nasty twat and after rasher chops had declared as a poor tackler and it was accepted, the ginger pig was given carte blanche to go studs up on any opponent

It was carte rouge for the attack on Zabba!

Say what you like, Scholes was a top top player. Outstanding for many years.

One of my go to method for winding up rags is to opine that Scholes was on a par with Gareth Barry. Absolutely guaranteed to get them frothing at the mouth. The conversation usually goes something like this:

Me: "Never used to see him much in highlights packages"
Rag(s): "Ah that's because you had to be at the game - his positional sense, movement blah blah blah"
Me: "Oh, that's a bit like Gareth Barry"
Rag(s): "Scholes used to run the game from the base of the diamond - a bit like a quarterback"
Me: "Yeah, so did Gareth Barry"
Rag(s): "WTF. Zidane says Scholes is one of the best players he's ever seen"
Me: "David Silva says Gareth Barry was the player of the season in 2011-2012"
etc etc.

For what it's worth, Scholes was obviously a much better player than Gaz Baz but he was not at the level that rags seem to think. Nowhere near the world class player he was/is made out to be. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.