United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, I'll be honest, I couldn't stand you feckers and your arrogant shite back in the day.

I can stomach you a bit more, because I have compassion for wounded things, but my hate is stronger than my compassion and my default setting is dislike for 90% of red things.

Anyways enjoy your stay.

That is fair, I realise I'm an outsider here.

In my defence - I'm not your typical Man Utd. fan - I was born in Manchester for a start*! Also, I'm in my mid-50's so I can remember the dark times (not quite 1974!) but Ralph Milne, Brian McClair, Clayton Blackmore, Jim Leighton etc. in the late 80's and I don't think when things started working out I was 'arrogant', well I hope not.

*Interestingly, at half-time in the big Eng v Scotland match tonight, after scanning the Bluemoon discussion, I popped back onto Red Cafe to see what was being said there. I was amazed, between 8pm and 9pm there were just 33 posts about the game and I thought, hang-on are Man Utd fans not interested in England much or what?

Then it occurred to me, I bet a large proportion of the redcafe's membership isn't even English - or indeed Scottish! I know City have an international following nowadays too, but still has strong home-based support especially in the GM area. It is difficult to make a direct comparison, bluemoon has ten posts per page, R.C. has more, but as I type this there are nearly 200 pages on this site about tonight's match vs. 58 on the Red's place and I find that a bit odd.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it: and it was just that Utd. had one player in the starting line-up, whilst City had 3?

That is fair, I realise I'm an outsider here.

In my defence - I'm not your typical Man Utd. fan - I was born in Manchester for a start*! Also, I'm in my mid-50's so I can remember the dark times (not quite 1974!) but Ralph Milne, Brian McClair, Clayton Blackmore, Jim Leighton etc. in the late 80's and I don't think when things started working out I was 'arrogant', well I hope not.

*Interestingly, at half-time in the big Eng v Scotland match tonight, after scanning the Bluemoon discussion, I popped back onto Red Cafe to see what was being said there. I was amazed, between 8pm and 9pm there were just 33 posts about the game and I thought, hang-on are Man Utd fans not interested in England much or what?

Then it occurred to me, I bet a large proportion of the redcafe's membership isn't even English - or indeed Scottish! I know City have an international following nowadays too, but still has strong home-based support especially in the GM area. It is difficult to make a direct comparison, bluemoon has ten posts per page, R.C. has more, but as I type this there are nearly 200 pages on this site about tonight's match vs. 58 on the Red's place and I find that a bit odd.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it: and it was just that Utd. had one player in the starting line-up, whilst City had 3?
200 pages*10 = 2000 posts.
58 pages *40 posts = 2320 posts.

Arithmetic not your strong point?

No, I am not he.

I just posted that as I thought it was funny that the day I joined your place, that number was reached - its a significant year for both Man Utd. and Man City, I wasn't trying to be antagonistic.

I've basically come here to discuss the Euros and especially the big game tonight, also I'm a bit fed up with the Utd. equivalent site, especially the younger people on there who are just full of hatred and jealousy towards Man City. I don't remember City fans being like that in the 1990's, when Utd. were on top of the pyramid.

Man Utd. fans should reserve their nastiness for Liverpool and (Leeds!) not the other Manchester team because yes, money has helped you, but you can't just buy success and back in the day we spent loads of money too.
My bad you dirty rag bastard, I missed your honesty in who you support ;). you will never know how much an insincere apology hurts another human being as much as the one i am giving you now ;)

200 pages*10 = 2000 posts.
58 pages *40 posts = 2320 posts.

Arithmetic not your strong point?

Again, this is an over-simplification because the in-game/match-day discussion didn't start till Page 52 of 58 on RC, whilst on Bluemoon it began on Page 32!

So 6 pages *40 posts = 240
168 pages *10 = 1680.

This would indicate that the City website has more followers of England (and/or Scotland) than the Utd. one.

Oh no! I'm sad we are now on page 1969, the year of 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service', when my wife, Contessa Teresa di Vicenzo died :(

Again, this is an over-simplification because the in-game/match-day discussion didn't start till Page 52 of 58 on RC, whilst on Bluemoon it began on Page 32!

So 6 pages *40 posts = 240
168 pages *10 = 1680.

This would indicate that the City website has more followers of England (and/or Scotland) than the Utd. one.
You didn’t make that clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.