United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for him now.
If the whole foreign affair hadn't happened I still wouldn't have felt sorry for him, but it did happen and his behaviour since then -lying through his teeth and making up some bullshit story that Enid Blyton would have been proud of- has made me dislike the man even more.

I'm an old pisshead, I readily admit that. I've done some pretty stupid things when tired and emotional, but I've never tried to duck my responsibility for these actions. I have always held my hands up afterwards and admitted my part in whatever went on. If Slabhead had done the same and just said he'd been a twat, got pissed up and caused a ruck in a foreign country, then many of us would have thought: "Yeah, been there, done that, bought the T shirt". But this gutless fucker has insulted the Greek authorities and accused the Mykonos police department of corruption.

As a professional footballer Maguire is piss-poor. As a human being he is lower than a snake's abdominal muscles.

If he had told the truth in the beginning of this saga,he wouldn’t have the weight of lies that he has told ,flashing through his mind every second.

United share price in after hours trading 14:10,the result of the “Project” showing through.

I feel bad for him now.

He is/was a good defender, not world class, not worth even close to £80m, but it's clear that he is really taking a nosedive after all this off-pitch stuff and a snowballing effect of a few high profile errors.

United have handled him terribly. Overspending on him and creating unnecessary pressure he couldn't live up to, making him captain the day he walked into the club was a joke, not taking him out of the spotlight after Greece, and after he's made a couple of big blunders because he's in a side that's coached by an amateur. No one is going to look good with no defensive midfield, Luke Shaw to your left and Lindelof to the right - with a keeper who won't come off his line at all and has a habit of fucking up as often as he bails you out.

Southgate made things worse as well, naming him in the squad, then taking him out, then putting him back in again. Why is he playing these games? Anyone could see his club form had bombed since the Greece incident.

Someone needs to step in because if he keeps going on this trajectory then he will be ruined by the end of the season, and he might not get it back.

Shows how resilient Stones is as well, by the way. He was under the kind of scrutiny and pressure that Maguire is facing for 6 or 7 years before injuries have done for him, Maguire lasted 12 months.
Yes this is very good. You never made me feel bad for him and I never quite believed you felt bad for him but I can believe you kept your face straight most of the time you were writing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.