United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, really? All of those business people who pay fuck all tax and make sure their companies do likewise are the first on their phone when the government do something they don't like. How much did Amazon spend campaigning against unionisation in America recently? How much tax did they pay?

But yeah, I get your point. Kinda off topic now, I guess.
I know what you're saying but in the example you give Amazon are spending their own money campaigning against something which doesn't suit their agenda.

They aren't telling the government how to spend taxpayers money whilst actively avoiding paying tax which is the point I'm making.

The organisation which avoids tax is spending their own money campaigning against something they don't like and is seen as the devil incarnate whilst the individual who avoids tax and dictates to the government how they should spend taxpayers money is portrayed in the media as some kind of saint.

I agree that this is better for the off topic thread but I would suggest that neither practice sits particularly comfortably with a significant number of people.

FFS. Listening to a French and Saunders podcast and Jennifer admits she's a fucking rag.

FFS. Listening to a French and Saunders podcast and Jennifer admits she's a fucking rag.

what has to be understood is people of a certain age will have glory hunted the dippers then the rags - may have had a brief flirtation with Blackburn or the barcodes ( remember those days?) - its not their fault that in prior years they had no affiliation with a local club or one that they could shrug off to go glory hunting later on.......just no staying power thats all. Don't hate Jennifer just revel in the fact that she has spent best part of the last decade watching us be far more successful than "her team"

I know what you're saying but in the example you give Amazon are spending their own money campaigning against something which doesn't suit their agenda.

They aren't telling the government how to spend taxpayers money whilst actively avoiding paying tax which is the point I'm making.

The organisation which avoids tax is spending their own money campaigning against something they don't like and is seen as the devil incarnate whilst the individual who avoids tax and dictates to the government how they should spend taxpayers money is portrayed in the media as some kind of saint.

I agree that this is better for the off topic thread but I would suggest that neither practice sits particularly comfortably with a significant number of people.
I get your point but....... Are Amazon spending their own money or are they spending money that should be paid in taxes? Leave it there now because as has already stated this is more relative to "off topic".

I get your point but....... Are Amazon spending their own money or are they spending money that should be paid in taxes? Leave it there now because as has already stated this is more relative to "off topic".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but spending the company's money in that way is treated as an allowable deduction in computing profits, and reduces the amount of tax paid. (As if they paid any, anyway ;-))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.