United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rangnick is a smart guy, with plenty of experience and tactical acumen. He should be a significant upgrade on Solskjaer - if he‘s given proper chance to be. If not, there won‘t be much immediate improvement.
Shame that he seems to be in line for some kind of adviser role from summer onwards - could do them some good there.

When he got hired by Dietmar Hopp at Hoffenheim, he was basically given the job of turning a provincial league 2 side into a Champions League side, and in doing that he not only coached the football team, but built up the entire club, from backroom staff to scouting networks.

So when Mateschitz wanted Red Bull to be a serious entity in football, he asked Rangnick to do the same thing, but being older and feeling he couldn't do both jobs at the same time, he became DoF of both Red Bull clubs and scouted out coaches who could play his style of football.

When Leipzig needed a helping hand he took over as manager for short stints and got them into places where he could step back again.

He's single handedly responsible for Red Bull Leipzig's ascent and Salzburg's success. Put into place their brilliant scouting systems and picked out managers who've all gone on to do really well.

He's doing the same at Lokomotiv now. Or was.

It's a very good appointment for United. He will sort the team out, and then build everything they've been missing behind the scenes.
Different leagues, miles less competitive than the Premier. I’ve heard Andy Brassel (spelling) making similar points on foreign football and he’s pretty pathetic at translating abilities from Europe to England, can’t imagine this guy being a success, there’s too much shite to sort out.

years ago I read that Henry Ford used to put two people in the same job to test them out, with the loser out of the door. Rangnick is a good short term appointment in my eyes. But beyond the interim bit it will only work for him if he has power and control behind any new coach. Back to Henry Ford, you can only hope that the Pisscan and Carrick and any new coach just end up fighting with him If he stays on.

So what has he done at Lokomotiv Moscow? I ask because Wikipedia is silent on the subject.
Came in when they finished 3rd and won a cup. Sold 10 players, bought 10 players, replaced most of the staff with people he knew. Currently 4th and getting shafted in the Europa

its a decent appointment, but not really a short-term philosophy implement guy, be interesting to see what the consultancy gig leads to.

Rangnick is a smart guy, with plenty of experience and tactical acumen. He should be a significant upgrade on Solskjaer - if he‘s given proper chance to be. If not, there won‘t be much immediate improvement.
Shame that he seems to be in line for some kind of adviser role from summer onwards - could do them some good there.

What role will the Govan Bully have then ?

Is Rangnick fully up to speed with the rags ethos and principles - doubt it as he is probably more interested in real football ?

Again this is just prideful ignorance.

Knowing who Ralph Rangnick is and how excellent a job he's done, and knowing he'll improve United behind the scenes considerably while stabilising them on the pitch does not make me scared. They're still going to be hamstrung by the owners, and we still have Pep Guardiola.

Do you know who sounds scared? The clown trying to convince everyone that one of the most influential and revered people in German football of the last 20 years is "an OAP" because he's swallowed Sky Sports marketing about the Premier League being the only league in the world.
Never a truer word spoken but you aren’t allowed to say United have done something well for once…we have to say it’s a laughable appointment. He might not have lots of trophies but his record at improving clubs from where he takes over is arguably the best there is.

Again this is just prideful ignorance.

Knowing who Ralph Rangnick is and how excellent a job he's done, and knowing he'll improve United behind the scenes considerably while stabilising them on the pitch does not make me scared. They're still going to be hamstrung by the owners, and we still have Pep Guardiola.

Do you know who sounds scared? The clown trying to convince everyone that one of the most influential and revered people in German football of the last 20 years is "an OAP" because he's swallowed Sky Sports marketing about the Premier League being the only league in the world.
Oooh oooh look at me

I’m such an expert on obscure European managers who have read a few text books.. been on some advanced coaching courses.. had a few nice things said about them by proper coaches

but at the end of the day achieved the square root of fuck all and been sent out to pasture in some far flung corner of Europe

pmsl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.