United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really important point of principle. I wonder if one could get an MP using Parliamentary privilege to raise it. It is important because of precedent.
Aside from the security risk and criminal damage, Liverpool got Top 4 by a couple of points which included comfortably winning at the Swamp in the rearranged game. Who knows what effect the postponement had not just on the Dippers but on rivals for the Top 4?
What is there to stop another team's fans "protesting" against their owners or something else causing a game to be postponed?
What about the role of Ratboy and sky essentially supporting criminal damage.
This is an appalling dereliction of duty by the Premier League/FA.

For those who don't remember let me just outline the accusation:
Manchester United fans illegally broke into Old Trafford and its interior, including the pitch, caused criminal damage and through weight of numbers inside and outside caused the postponement of a PL match. Furthermore, several Police Officers were injured in associated public disorder. National broadcasters (who had their equipment damaged) had Gary Neville and Spitboy inside the ground both publicly supporting the disorder and, by implication, the criminality.

I wonder if this would have been trated differently if it was another team other than the Rags or Dippers?
Do you really need to ask?

Far too much pro United stuff in the media again, so I'l try sending this to the Premier League again. This will be for the third time, no repsonse to the last two sent so don't hold your breath...

I would like to enquire whether there is any outstanding investigation, or whether any investigation at all was conducted, into the postponement of two Manchester United Home matches in recent years.

The first in May 2016 agisnt Bournemouth, due to a 'dummy' bomb being found in the toilets at Old Trafford. The second more recently in May 2021 against Liverpool due to protests held by Manchester United supporters against the club owners which saw these fans compromise ground secuirty by breaking into Old Trafford.

Greater Manchester Mayor and Police and Crime Commissioner Tony Lloyd stated of the first incident that it caused massive inconvenience to supporters who had come from far and wide to watch the match, wasted the time of huge numbers of police officers and the army's bomb squad and unnecessarily put people in danger.

Regarding the second incident, a Premier League statement acknowledged endangering of safety and regulation breaches by stating that "the the security and safety of everyone at Old Trafford remains of paramount importance. We understand and respect the strength of feeling but condemn all acts of violence, criminal damage and trespass, especially given the associated COVID-19 breaches"

Despite there I can find no evidence of an investigation into how the same club came to have two massive security failures that led to match cancellations and potentially endangered lives, and what, if anything, has been put in place by this club to prevent such security issues in the future, which otherwise could again lead to match cancellations and unsafe conditions.

According to the Premier League Handbook, rule K14 states that the home club must make sure that the players and match officials can enter and leave the stadium safely and that there is safe environment in which to play the match. Rule K13 also states that the players’ entrance as well as the parking area and the points of entry are adequately policed or stewarded. Regulation E20 says that clubs are responsible for their supporters and may be punished for any improper, violent, threatening, abusive, indecent behaviour, including the throwing of missiles.

It would seem that there must be questions over whether these rules were adhered to by Manchester Unmited sufficiently. Was an investigation started to review the incidents and to make recommendations to improve the situation?

God loves a trier @ bluetonium , but the PL aren't as understanding and do have a serious , sorry I meant financial ogligation to ensure that no harm comes to their beloved rags .

This is a really important point of principle. I wonder if one could get an MP using Parliamentary privilege to raise it. It is important because of precedent.
Aside from the security risk and criminal damage, Liverpool got Top 4 by a couple of points which included comfortably winning at the Swamp in the rearranged game. Who knows what effect the postponement had not just on the Dippers but on rivals for the Top 4?
What is there to stop another team's fans "protesting" against their owners or something else causing a game to be postponed?

Manchester United fans illegally broke into Old Trafford and its interior, including the pitch, caused criminal damage and through weight of numbers inside and outside caused the postponement of a PL match. Furthermore, several Police Officers were injured in associated public disorder. National broadcasters (who had their equipment damaged) had Gary Neville and Spitboy inside the ground both publicly supporting the disorder and, by implication, the criminality.

I wonder if this would have been trated differently if it was another team other than the Rags or Dippers?

err...................no .

Far too much pro United stuff in the media again, so I'l try sending this to the Premier League again. This will be for the third time, no repsonse to the last two sent so don't hold your breath...

I would like to enquire whether there is any outstanding investigation, or whether any investigation at all was conducted, into the postponement of two Manchester United Home matches in recent years.

The first in May 2016 agisnt Bournemouth, due to a 'dummy' bomb being found in the toilets at Old Trafford. The second more recently in May 2021 against Liverpool due to protests held by Manchester United supporters against the club owners which saw these fans compromise ground secuirty by breaking into Old Trafford.

Greater Manchester Mayor and Police and Crime Commissioner Tony Lloyd stated of the first incident that it caused massive inconvenience to supporters who had come from far and wide to watch the match, wasted the time of huge numbers of police officers and the army's bomb squad and unnecessarily put people in danger.

Regarding the second incident, a Premier League statement acknowledged endangering of safety and regulation breaches by stating that "the the security and safety of everyone at Old Trafford remains of paramount importance. We understand and respect the strength of feeling but condemn all acts of violence, criminal damage and trespass, especially given the associated COVID-19 breaches"

Despite there I can find no evidence of an investigation into how the same club came to have two massive security failures that led to match cancellations and potentially endangered lives, and what, if anything, has been put in place by this club to prevent such security issues in the future, which otherwise could again lead to match cancellations and unsafe conditions.

According to the Premier League Handbook, rule K14 states that the home club must make sure that the players and match officials can enter and leave the stadium safely and that there is safe environment in which to play the match. Rule K13 also states that the players’ entrance as well as the parking area and the points of entry are adequately policed or stewarded. Regulation E20 says that clubs are responsible for their supporters and may be punished for any improper, violent, threatening, abusive, indecent behaviour, including the throwing of missiles.

It would seem that there must be questions over whether these rules were adhered to by Manchester Unmited sufficiently. Was an investigation started to review the incidents and to make recommendations to improve the situation?
Whilst you are at it can you also ask them what their ex executive chairman meant and is this plan still in place when he said "Without being disrespectful to any club, we have a strategic plan at the Premier League and the strategic plan says putting a new name on the trophy in every six-year period. That doesn't mean we don't want any team to win it. It just means we would rather see some sort of rotation..."

Whilst you are at it can you also ask them what their ex executive chairman meant and is this plan still in place when he said "Without being disrespectful to any club, we have a strategic plan at the Premier League and the strategic plan says putting a new name on the trophy in every six-year period. That doesn't mean we don't want any team to win it. It just means we would rather see some sort of rotation..."

Still an amazing quote, really. It raised so many questions that were never asked.

Not a cat in hell chance. Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.