United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would be lucky to get too many to agree but 4th place if they get it is a still a shocking season.
Totally disagree. They’re a second tier team battling with the likes of spurs, West Ham, arsenal and possibly Leicester for 4th. You make it sound like they’re in Chelsea, dippers or Citys bracket. 4th is the highest they will achieve with this squad. But if you ask me they’re pretty rubbish and are in a right state.

Don't Spurs do a fixture pile up? They might have 3 games in hand, but the games are coming think and fast. It's just a shame they are out of that sh*t European league thing. If they are?

United have been shite for a long time but having watched that Shaw interview this feels different. He is effectively calling out one or more of team-mates for not putting the effort in and that takes balls, especially when it’s probably not too difficult to narrow it down to he is aiming it at.

He’s not calling out DDG, Jones, McTominay, Matic or Greenwood. I doubt he is calling out AWB or Cavani. That only leaves the new guys - Varane, Sancho and/or Ronaldo. I know who my money would be on. After all the fan-fare, it would be beautiful for that **** of a club to implode from the inside and all because HE “returned home”.
An interesting phase of play early in the second half where Shaw had the ball with Ronaldo screaming for it. Shaw looked but then ignored him.

Probably his only way of getting back at the bully.

Yeah I've seen this sort of thing from United enough times lately to get too excited.

I think it will go one of 2 ways. Either they’ll slowly improve under Rangnick and just grind out a 4th placed finish through late Ronald’s goals, De Gea bailing them out and Fernandez penalties.

Or the players will start throwing tantrums and they could finish 8th and Rangnick never gets his consultancy gig after this season and the whole thing is a disaster.

One thing to keep an eye on is Chelsea’s form. If we beat them next, they’ll have got 20/36 points from their last 12 games.

That’s too long to be a bump in the road (a third of the season!) and it’s not close to top 4 form. Arsenal, West Ham and Spurs could catch them if they keep that form up for another month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.