United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their friends in the media do them more harm than good, the constant hyperbole when they win a game or two, it's snakes and ladders for them, all this nonsense about the mythical United way
After beating Burnley it was all
United have turned the corner
Ralf has them playing the way he wants them to play
United are back in the race for the top 4

They beat Burnley for fucks sake. Even Leeds beat Burnley!

Man Utd are not destined to fail. I prefer steady as she goes gradual decline rather than collapse because a collapse ends in radical action. They will eventually get their managerial set up right. There's nothing to say the Glazer ownership is doomed to fail.

I think Utd fans are despondent right now because the odds are that Rangnick is not going to be successful and that they will have to make yet another change in the Summer. I think he might drop Ronaldo now. That is what I would do. Better to fail trying to implement the football you believe in than get sacked trying to compromise.

We probably came scarily close to a Utd upturn when they had a chance to appoint Conte, but he dodged the bullet and went to the Spuds.

Edited for accuracy.

Oh dear.
although in a different time and era, this current RAG debacle has me thinking back to the dark City times of 1996/97 with Ball, Coppell, Phil Neal, Frank Clark. it was a club in total freefall.

long may it continue for the rags :-)

Man Utd are not destined to fail. I prefer steady as she goes gradual decline rather than collapse because a collapse ends in radical action. They will eventually get their managerial set up right. There's nothing to say the Glazer ownership is doomed to fail.

I think Utd fans are despondent right now because the odds are that Rangnick is not going to be successful and that they will have to make yet another change in the Summer. I think he might drop Ronaldo now. That is what I would do. Better to fail trying to implement the football you believe in than get sacked trying to compromise.

We probably came scarily close to a Utd upturn when they had a chance to appoint Conte but they missed it.
He's the interim manager. He already knows he's going. Why would he make the hard choices?

We probably came scarily close to a Utd upturn when they had a chance to appoint Conte but they missed it.

I’m not sure that Ragnick CAN drop the old boy, Marvin.

The rumours were that his deal included a clause that gave him the right to play every game that he wanted, and I’ve not seen anything to suggest that’s not the case.

It’s kind of understandable; he probably earns more from his image rights than his football and he needs himself / his image to be on our screens constantly to keep that up.

Employing him wasn’t a footballing decision, it was partly to boost united’s sponsorship income but it was more due to the Glazers understanding that his reputation would bump their share price so that they could reassign and offload shares (to buy an Indian cricket team) before the share price quickly settled again.
And that’s exactly what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.