United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson the Irish Times.
Interesting article and pretty much spot on. Juve started this season bad but theyre finally back to their 1-0 winning ways , they top their CL group after beating Chelsea 1-0 not long ago. Ronaldo leaving them is no coincidence.

Hopefully Ronaldo stays for 2 seasons but i'm afraid he'll want to leave as soon as possible.

We should call him out on it before the derby - shaming him into continuing to attack - saying if he parks the bus and counters it will confirm that they are running scared.
This…..they all took the bait, manager players media fans, and then clapped them off after getting shafted, talk about delusional, we need to take advantage of this, I’m sure Pep will be inflating their egos over the next 10 days

Good article I read, quite accurate description of how fucked up Utd have become

"Nobody has a clue what they’re supposed to be doing. Virgil van Dijk had the ball at the back. Mason Greenwood, perhaps stung by the implication in much of the coverage of the past week that he is lazy, felt the need to close him down. But at first he was alone. Van Dijk knocked the ball outside him to Andy Robertson. Aaron Wan-Bissaka, reacting late to Greenwood’s movement, went to close him down, but in doing so left Diogo Jota unmarked. Robertson played the ball to Jota who, unmarked, helped it on to Roberto Firmino, by which point it was already too late.

Last season United would have sat deep against a side like Liverpool. They would have packed the midfield and looked to strike on the break. But this season they cannot do that because of Cristiano Ronaldo. He has to play, because he is Cristiano Ronaldo. He offers almost nothing in the defensive phase because he is Cristiano Ronaldo. He is not mobile enough to play as Solskjær often previously had his forwards play against high-level opposition in a sort of 4-4-2 diamond with two wide strikers because he is 36.

And now he’s not just a tactical problem but a personnel issue. This is a player who in the past three years has cost Max Allegri, Maurizio Sarri and Andrea Pirlo their jobs. Any team he plays for inevitably becomes FC Ronaldo and, whatever that may do for shirt sales and social media profile, that is not conducive to playing the sort of fluent integrated football that wins trophies."

Thank god we didnt buy Ronaldo, in fact I suspect we faked out interest in him. And this is the result, a hollywood team of stars with no substance

On a similar vein of thought, have just posted on my lads under 11,s whatsapp group that all parents (plenty of rags amongst them), kids and coaches should sit down and rewatch yesterday's game as an exercise in how despite so called superstars in the team if you don,t have the right tactics and play as a team your going to struggle week after week.

Interesting article and pretty much spot on. Juve started this season bad but theyre finally back to their 1-0 winning ways , they top their CL group after beating Chelsea 1-0 not long ago. Ronaldo leaving them is no coincidence.

Hopefully Ronaldo stays for 2 seasons but i'm afraid he'll want to leave as soon as possible.
Ronaldo helped push out or at the very least caused the last 3 Juventus managers to go.

It's looking like it's Ole gone time for number 1 at United.
Who knows how many more could come and go in the remaining 1 & 3/4 years of Ronaldo's 'I start every game' contract.

It could end up a case of ''might as well be Watford" or even 'might as well be City 95/96', with regard to the longevity and multiplicity of manager's.

To be fair there were a lot of us City fans that sat through WAY worse in the dark years. These Rag mard arses don't know they are born.
Quite right. Of course, if they actually knew the ‘history’ of which they love to speak, they’d know that they’ve sat through far worse as well.…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.