United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's even started in the crowds now!
(Call me cynical).
It's really strange. They never used to stop matches for medical emergencies in the crowd. It used to happen a lot at Maine Road especially in the Main Stand where the older fans were. Wherever you have 50,000 people in one place there is always a risk of someone getting ill. It should be easier to manage in all-seated stadiums.

Wreck it Ralph saying he might stay on as 1st team manager after the end of the season - looks like they can't persuade anyone to actually take over and be Ralphs woman if he moves upstairs.

Really looking forward to the rags playing the "style" they did last night to the gegenpress on Sunday with a couple of days training they will have undergone - Palace will be licking their lips in anticipation of the mess they are going to get put out in front of them

Wreck it Ralph saying he might stay on as 1st team manager after the end of the season - looks like they can't persuade anyone to actually take over and be Ralphs woman if he moves upstairs.

Really looking forward to the rags playing the "style" they did last night to the gegenpress on Sunday with a couple of days training they will have undergone - Palace will be licking their lips in anticipation of the mess they are going to get put out in front of them
Judging by last nights display most of the Rag players couldn't press a doorbell.

I would love someone to explain to me why it took 4 minutes for the decision to allow the goal to stand.

The two thinks that needed to be checked were firstly was DeGea fouled? The video evidence was crystal clear that it was Fred who trod on his foot. The second was did the ref blow his whistle before Smith-Rowe shot on goal, again crystal clear that he didn't.

Even if you said it took 2 minutes to check this then what was happening for the other 2 minutes? they were clearly looking for any sort of infringment that they could bring into play to chalk the goal off.

And then to not even review the pull by slabhead by VAR just shows how blatent the cheating is.
I think it happened previously against Brighton and Chelsea too, just waved away.

I've never seen a defender get away with so much grappling in the box week in week, week out.
As you say, if he played for any other club he'd be conceding penalties every single game.

The one on Iheanacho in the Leicester game a few weeks back was the most blatant I've ever seen, it was open play and Nach was about to jink past him in the area and he literally just held him in a bear hug for probably a couple seconds until the ball had been cleared.
Same with the previous season against Chelsea and Brighton.

I would love someone to explain to me why it took 4 minutes for the decision to allow the goal to stand.

The two thinks that needed to be checked were firstly was DeGea fouled? The video evidence was crystal clear that it was Fred who trod on his foot. The second was did the ref blow his whistle before Smith-Rowe shot on goal, again crystal clear that he didn't.

Even if you said it took 2 minutes to check this then what was happening for the other 2 minutes? they were clearly looking for any sort of infringment that they could bring into play to chalk the goal off.

And then to not even review the pull by slabhead by VAR just shows how blatent the cheating is.

yep

it was being looked at by VAR far to long because they wanted to get the goal crossed off
also they say united players don't crowd the referee hahahaha. well sorry after the goal was given most of the team was in the ref face

yes slabhead fouling the arsenal player in the box and stone wall pen was not even looked at and moved on in quick time. its defo operation get united back in the top 4 and the officials and VAR will be working over time

He was definitely trying to con the referee. I am sick of players feigning injury to stop the play. It has become as bad as diving. Referees need to get a grip.

But even if he wasn't feigning injury, I just don't understand what the discussion's even about. If two centre-halves from the same team are watching a ball coming over the top, and collide with each other so that they're laid out flat, and the opposing forward goes through to score, why on earth would the goal be disallowed? Why would there even be discussion about it? I don't see that the difference here is crucial, just because it's the keeper. And by the way, I haven't seen the incident: but did De Gea really have to turn his back on play? That looks to me suspiciously like trying to force the ref's hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.