United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a load of this of the caf in a thread about them ever being back to their former glory

"Not under the Glazers.

The kind of spending pattern that we’ll need to leap ahead of City, especially, but also Chelsea is not in the Glazer business model, I don’t think.

The main problem is that you have to improve your team rapidly to catch up. If you spread it over several years you never quite make it. I don’t like it and it really shouldn’t be the rule but in practice you have to outspend your rivals by a significant margin across two or three windows. Then you can go back to a more measured tweak and hone policy. We’ll never do this under the glazers.

A good manager can come in and win us a league or a trophy or two but if we want to dominate it will take more than that".

Get a load of this of the caf in a thread about them ever being back to their former glory

"Not under the Glazers.

The kind of spending pattern that we’ll need to leap ahead of City, especially, but also Chelsea is not in the Glazer business model, I don’t think.

The main problem is that you have to improve your team rapidly to catch up. If you spread it over several years you never quite make it. I don’t like it and it really shouldn’t be the rule but in practice you have to outspend your rivals by a significant margin across two or three windows. Then you can go back to a more measured tweak and hone policy. We’ll never do this under the glazers.

A good manager can come in and win us a league or a trophy or two but if we want to dominate it will take more than that".
Obviously the poster doesn't realise that they've just wasted money on fee's and wages for years now.

It's hilarious really.

The arrogance of this club never fails to astound me

Try and rinse the Barcodes to send them the JLingz.

Then tell West Ham to fuck off buying him "Because they don't want to sell him to a top 4 rival"
The whole Lingard mess was a joke, dont give a player a chance then loan him out and realise he can actually play so you recall him and promise him more opportunities only to not play him again then deny his loan.

Thats not even getting started on Donny and his reasonably hefty fee and lack of gametime.

Worst part is, there isnt even good nor cohesive football to back up not giving the bench a chance, it’s a literal farce. Light in midfield even more so now and expect to get top 4.

The whole Lingard mess was a joke, dont give a player a chance then loan him out and realise he can actually play so you recall him and promise him more opportunities only to not play him again then deny his loan.

Thats not even getting started on Donny and his reasonably hefty fee and lack of gametime.

Worst part is, there isnt even good nor cohesive football to back up not giving the bench a chance, it’s a literal farce. Light in midfield even more so now and expect to get top 4.
They expect to get top 4 because Reilly will make sure they get top 4.

Remember the first COVID season? They were shite but we're getting at least a penalty to game to make sure they got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously the poster doesn't realise that they've just wasted money on fee's and wages for years now.

It's hilarious really.
£100m net spend this Summer quickly forgotten. 2019-20 they spent £150m net which included the signings of Maguire, Fernandes, Wan Bissaka and Dan James.

To be fair I think most reds will admit that Utd's transfer 'strategy' is a joke.

I cannot put into words how much I hate that club and am delighted by their current problems (and that doesn't include the latest disgraceful revelations about Greenwood!)
I believe that their edifice is crumbling about them and they are at the point where they fall away into a steep decline.
Re Greenwood, a £100m asset has become a worthless and toxic liability. Now even for a club of their size a £100m loss wants some covering.
There is the money they are wasting on PR7 and others, manager payoffs, the Glazers dividends, stadium repairs and so the list goes on.
With the continued lack of success crowd numbers will decline, media interest and sponsorship revenues will suffer and debts will be called in.
Players are already being sold (to reduce the wage commitments and bring in some hard cash?)
What a wonderful time it is to be a City fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.