United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
More protests planned tonight.
Planned walkout, how will we tell the difference to their normal games.
Fans protesting highest squad cost, highest wages, bought players they wanted, appointed the paperboy that they wanted, sacked him as they wanted.

More protests planned tonight.
Planned walkout, how will we tell the difference to their normal games.
Fans protesting highest squad cost, highest wages, bought players they wanted, appointed the paperboy that they wanted, sacked him as they wanted.

But it's not fair because they aren't winning !

I remember that well. The pair spoke together on BBC and Busby could not have been nicer. Joe was clearly moved. They were genuine close pals. This before the days of snide banter and a toxic media.
Found this fascinating article about the part Mercer played in Busby’s appearance on This is Your Life in 1971. Amazingly it happened on the pitch at Maine Road before a derby which was not only Busby’s final game but also the last game of the season. That can’t have happened very often?!! @Gary James

He also publicly congratulated Sir joe on winning the title in 1968, unlike the pisscan, who couldn’t bring himself to do the same to Bobby in 2012.
To be fair, things are a lot more polarised now than they were back in Fred and Wilma Flinstone's day. Back then, fans would go to both OT and Maine Road. Couldn't see that happening nowadays. There wasn't the level of hostility/hatred that there is now.

Found this fascinating article about the part Mercer played in Busby’s appearance on This is Your Life in 1971. Amazingly it happened on the pitch at Maine Road before a derby which was not only Busby’s final game but also the last game of the season. That can’t have happened very often?!! @Gary James

Even as a City fan I have nothing but respect for his achievements at United. He literally built that club from the ruins of Munich. I met him several times. He was unassuming and a total gent , as was Joe Mercer. I was at that game for This is Your Life. Was it 4-3 to them?

To be fair, things are a lot more polarised now than they were back in Fred and Wilma Flinstone'day. Back then, fans would go to both OT and Maine Road. Couldn't see that happening nowadays. There wasn't the level of hostility/hatred that there is now.
It still got pretty tasty on Derby Day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.