United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried to figure this out myself because I'm a sad bastard.

The worst goal difference for a team that qualified for the Champions League the following season was Chelsea in 2020 with +15, they also repeated the trick with +22 the following season. As far as my 'research' goes those are the worst by a long stretch for automatic qualifiers. You have to go back about 12 years to find the next worst automatic qualifier (Arsenal with +25).

Rags are currently on +4 with 11 games to go, so on current trajectory would land around +6.

Everton got into the qualifiers in 2005 with a goal difference of -1 but were knocked out before the tournament proper.

This United team may well be one of the most mentally fragile teams to ever qualify for the Champions League. What an honour for them.

I'm amazed at how high they are in the table, they were crap today. When you look at their squad it's absolute dog shit. Let's hope that Spurs or one of the other teams close in the table go on a run and put them in the Thursday Cup places.

Shaw crying again. How many times do we have to hear it?

Greggs closes at 3 on a Sunday -:)
  • Opening hours
  • Monday
    6:00am - 2:00pm
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday
    8:00am - 3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.