United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main issue with the vermin is that they believe everything the tabloids tell them to believe: 'Ten-bob is one of the most sought after managers in the business,' quoted the sycophantic media when he took on the job. But I don't remember there being a queue of clubs lining up for his services. So why is he 'sought after' if the rags are the only club to offer him a job?
'He'll have Pep shaking in his boots' was another grossly, far-fetched quote from one of their imbecilic lackeys in the media.
Many rag followers only exist because the red-topped tabloids created them. The Sun, Mirror, Daily Star, all of them: you pick one up in the newsagents and glance at the back page, there will be a mention of them somewhere, in nauseatingly arse-licking terms. This constant fawning from the blinkered hacks and their spineless editors is why no-nothing fans always choose the rags or the dippers - they've been programmed.

A mate of mine (his wife is a primary school teacher) he told me something recently that sums it all up. His wife asked the class one day what they know about the sea and the tides, and how the moon basically 'moves' the oceans of the world about, creating low and high tides. The kids, 10/11 age group, knew next to nothing about the subject, but knew almost everything there is to know about Amanda Holden, the Kardashians, One Direction, etc.

Same with a lot of rag/dipper fans: they know fuck all about the club they are supposedly fans of: it's history, it's humble beginnings in the football league, first major trophy etc. But they'll tell you the 'Hollywood' side of the club: celebrity supporters, favourite (current) player's new hairstyle, which player is dating which famous pop star, and so on.

Ten Hag proving he’s no better than any of the previous managers when it comes to playing the game. Just another manager among many others copying Pep.

His team peaked in February, this was extremely naïve, but in Holland, Ajax usually have everything wrapped up by then.

Yet here we are, at the crunch part of the season, where the spoils are being scrapped over, and his team is completely gassed out.

The FA cup final will be like a cat playing with a dead mouse. You can't go a 65 game season with 14 regular players. You need at the very least 20. And they need to be of equal quality, so the team doesn't dip or fall off a cliff.

All this stuff about a number 9 being the final piece in the jigsaw, United need 5 new players in key positions, otherwise the same thing will happen next season.

The main issue with the vermin is that they believe everything the tabloids tell them to believe: 'Ten-bob is one of the most sought after managers in the business,' quoted the sycophantic media when he took on the job. But I don't remember there being a queue of clubs lining up for his services. So why is he 'sought after' if the rags are the only club to offer him a job?
'He'll have Pep shaking in his boots' was another grossly, far-fetched quote from one of their imbecilic lackeys in the media.
Many rag followers only exist because the red-topped tabloids created them. The Sun, Mirror, Daily Star, all of them: you pick one up in the newsagents and glance at the back page, there will be a mention of them somewhere, in nauseatingly arse-licking terms. This constant fawning from the blinkered hacks and their spineless editors is why no-nothing fans always choose the rags or the dippers - they've been programmed.

A mate of mine (his wife is a primary school teacher) he told me something recently that sums it all up. His wife asked the class one day what they know about the sea and the tides, and how the moon basically 'moves' the oceans of the world about, creating low and high tides. The kids, 10/11 age group, knew next to nothing about the subject, but knew almost everything there is to know about Amanda Holden, the Kardashians, One Direction, etc.

Same with a lot of rag/dipper fans: they know fuck all about the club they are supposedly fans of: it's history, it's humble beginnings in the football league, first major trophy etc. But they'll tell you the 'Hollywood' side of the club: celebrity supporters, favourite (current) player's new hairstyle, which player is dating which famous pop star, and so on.
Excellent post

I mean in fairness, he was almost certainly on the contingency long list for City has Guardiola not extended previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.