United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two different Beeb articles on the women's team in two different days. Not the first time they have done this either.

They said that the ragettes had 'painted Manchester red'. Laughable, they play in Leigh, when has that ever been in Manchester and old toilet isn't in Manchester either.

It must be crushing for them at the swamp that women’s team lasted a lot longer in the title race than their over paid, soft centred mens team did in the Premier league. Their derby victory happening yesterday whilst at the Etihad the Premier League trophy was being lifted.

Popped onto RedCafe this morning to bask in the usual bitterness. There is a thread on why we never lose key players and the number of fans convinced about 'under the counter payments' is ridiculous. It is just the same on RAWK and these two clubs simply cannot accept that they have simply been ousted, both in a sporting and business context. I guess it comes from always being successful, so that when failure strikes you cannot cope with it. We are the opposite: we have known failure, so success is just a bonus, but we know that it is usually fleeting.

Last edited:
Popped onto RedCafe this morning to bask in the usual bitterness. There is a thread on why we never lose key players and the number of fans convinced about 'under the counter payments' is ridiculous. It is just the same on RAWK and these two clubs simply cannot accept that they have simply been ousted, both in a sporting and business context. I guess it comes from always being successful, so that when failure strikes you cannot cope with it. We are the opposite: we have known failure, so success is just a bonus, but we know that it is usually fleeting.
Yeah, we know that just because we lifted the trophy yesterday, there is still a chance we could get relegated this season! We are mentally scarred! Great post btw.

I went on after reading your post. The anguish, rage, bitterness, tears and sheer "toys out of pram type of post is something to behold. It reminds me of when our school football team once went unbeaten and the 11 year old boys from nearby schools called us cheats because we had a retired 4th division football coaching us. The whining on the Cafe is akin to those spoilt and teary young schoolboys back then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.