United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If scruffy Jim deal goes ahead by the time all Pl checks have been done, should take it up to the end of January transfer window.... How convenient would that be.

Mancini would have won the Champions League with Manchester City given time, but the owners went down the Spanish revamp with Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain and the rest is history.

Jose always comes with a sell-by date, Great coach for instant success so City would have never gone down that route thankfully
But Mancini only got the job because Jose turned us down in favour of Real Madrid. I can assure you they absolutely wanted to go down that route.

I found that interview quite interesting. There was no real suggestion from the journalist that the CIA had anything to do with the rags, it was just that the central company of the Glazers' US interests was previously owned by George Bush Senior and there were suggestions that the CIA had used some of the assets in the Caribbean as listening posts. That was hardly a shock, the CIA had and probably still have their fingers in a lot of pies, so to speak.

I never realised that Ferguson never actually paid a penny towards his share of the racehorse - but he still felt he was entitled to a share of the stud fees, the cheeky sod! No wonder Magnier and McManus were fuming.
It was standard practice to gift a horse to a friend/ wife for the purposes of it running in the friends name. After the horse retired it was returned to the original owner. Only Baconface broke this rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.