United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The VAR officials gave it because Rodri had a fair chance of getting to the ball.

But who remembers a FA Cup tie at the swamp in 1996 when a slaphead referee with no pupils called Alan Wilkie gave United a penalty when we were leading because Frontzeck held down Cantona and stopped him getting to the ball which was a good 20 feet above him. The French ponce wouldn't have got to it with two pair of ladders and standing on Schmeichels shoulders at the top of them. Now that was being robbed for sure. It's took over 25 years to get our own back and boy did it taste sweet.
The foul on Rodri was far more a pen than the one Wilkie gave in ‘96.

I was in an old toilet hospitality box for that tie, 2 blues and 6 rags, we scored first and went a little berserk, then had the muppets in the seats outside the windows banging on the glass for the rest of the game. No one had a clue why the penalty was given initially, even Cantona look baffled, absolute joke of a decsion
If you watch it again, you’ll see Keane berates the ref as he thinks he’s given a foul for City, and then as soon as he realised Wilkie had given a pen he starts applauding!

I have noticed their has been a lot of shit talked about our pen on Sunday. Ref watch, MOTD and the pundits on Sky all implying that there will be 20 pens a week if all of them are given. Not every infringement in the box is the same. No way are there 20 instances of a player having a run at the ball and being pulled back in that manner. Ironically the only one they could find should of been another pen for us in that game.

Do any reason they didn't give the haaland one is because they were shit scared to give two in case people thought the first one was controversial. The Maguire foul on Haaland is a pen all day.

396896301_314139271378085_149465299537021848_n.jpg

Premier league net spend since Ten Hag took over.
1, Chelsea £692m
2. Scum £332m
3. Arse £275m
4 Newcastle £254m
5. Spuds £228m
6. Forest £203m
7. Bournemouth £182m
8. West Ham £294m
9. Liverpool £135m
10 Brentford £93m
11. Villa £84m
12. Palace £72m
13. City £63m
14 Fulham £55m
15. Wolves £40m
16. Everton £36m profit
17. Brighton £166m profit

The Haaland one? To me that was more of a penalty than the one that was given. You can clearly see the big man is being held (by Slabhead?). It happens a lot with them, watch them defending corners, it's part of their tactics.

But anyway...SCUM!
The Maguire one on Haaland ye, another lie on ref watch to explain that one. He said Haaland fouled Maguire, complete bollocks but they have to come up with something I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.