United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this part, go over to Ticket Exchange pages on here and that is apparent

CL games at home are sometimes the worst.

I am fortunate, i have a season ticket and loyalty points so i can still get tickets whenever i want and pay reasonable prices but it is changing fast

Average single match day tickets in the PL are now at least £70 - that is a disgrace however I saw a piece which said PL demand is higher now than ever for all clubs so people will pay for that once a season, family day out

I know for a fact in the 70's when my dad took me to my first games if it was costing him for one game I bet at least half a weeks wages, there is no way I would be as hooked as i am now because we would simply not have gone

Family of 4 (2 adults / 2 kids) I bet is £220 just to get in the ground.
Very good post my friend you have summed your point up perfectly, friend of mine put it into perspective great.. he told me back in the day he would wait outside the pub for his dad to come out and ask him for some money to go the match.. his dad would say hold your hand out son and then count a pound note a fifty pence and three ten pence pieces into an eager outstretched hand.. go on son have a good time with your mates came the dads reply... now let’s fast forward to now.. kid goes to his dad hello dad can I have some money to go the match with my mates.. dad says go on son hold out your hand then proceeds to put.. one ten pound note in it.. two ten pounds notes.. three ten pound notes.. four ten pound notes and another one or two at least on top.. go on son have a good time and by the way you have took all of next weeks ale money off me and some of your mums keep haha.. priceless but does bring the point home about the way football has gone.

Why is it tge biggest job in football.
Cos skysports said so.
Bigger than the Brazil or Argentina job?.
they used to be a big club for 20 odd years.
Are they now ?
You simply don’t understand how it works.. SKY like the English game make the most money out of United and Liverpool because of the interest they generate around the world.. if they could they would like to have them first and second every year and also both in every cup final.. why do Wimbledon Tennis seed the competition so that the top two players meet in the final.. why is the Champions League seeded it’s all because it lowers the risk of the top players or teams getting knocked out..do you think there would be more interest in a Liverpol v United Champions League final around the world or AEK Athens v Monaco which final would make more money and rise the profile. This is why when City beat United last weekend the news is all about how bad United were rather than giving City credit.
This is how football works and why the United job is the biggest club job in the world, they have most fans... which creates more interest... which makes more money...

You simply don’t understand how it works.. SKY like the English game make the most money out of United and Liverpool because of the interest they generate around the world.. if they could they would like to have them first and second every year and also both in every cup final.. why do Wimbledon Tennis seed the competition so that the top two players meet in the final.. why is the Champions League seeded it’s all because it lowers the risk of the top players or teams getting knocked out..do you think there would be more interest in a Liverpol v United Champions League final around the world or AEK Athens v Monaco which final would make more money and rise the profile. This is why when City beat United last weekend the news is all about how bad United were rather than giving City credit.
This is how football works and why the United job is the biggest club job in the world, they have most fans... which creates more interest... which makes more money...
Maybe try to be a little bit more patronising with your responses and people will probably agree with you a bit more

You have identified why united (and in the 30 years without a title) Liverpool are shit. The media blow smoke up their arses, every purchase is a world beater, referees bend over backwards to help them. The result is that they expect every decision, therefore no need to try to improve. When these decisions stop or the decline is too much then the result is what you’re seeing now.
City on the other hand have had to overcome these handicaps and have won the lot in spite of the referees and not because of. That’s why we’re champions and the best side the world has ever seen.
Yes Man City are the best side in the world I have no doubt about that would go as far as to say for a number of years.
Your right about the media towards United and Liverpool too.. you have to look at the reason why tho.. if they stopped fawning all over them and building up all their victories and players they sign then two of the biggest fanbases on the planet would lose interest because like I say nobody wants to support a brand that’s not fashionable or successful.. this would cost the F.A.. SKY and the English game millions and millions of pounds as they would not get as much money for there product when selling tv rights etc.. that’s why they need to keep the stock of the two biggest cash cows high not to mention not upset there fanbases who create the dosh..

Quick question which would make the powers of football in the country richer..
A Manchester City and Everton Winning the League..or..United or Liverpool winning it.

Yes Man City are the best side in the world I have no doubt about that would go as far as to say for a number of years.
Your right about the media towards United and Liverpool too.. you have to look at the reason why tho.. if they stopped fawning all over them and building up all their victories and players they sign then two of the biggest fanbases on the planet would lose interest because like I say nobody wants to support a brand that’s not fashionable or successful.. this would cost the F.A.. SKY and the English game millions and millions of pounds as they would not get as much money for there product when selling tv rights etc.. that’s why they need to keep the stock of the two biggest cash cows high not to mention not upset there fanbases who create the dosh..

Quick question which would make the powers of football in the country richer..
A Manchester City and Everton Winning the League..or..United or Liverpool winning it.
Quick question for you …

Has the money in the English game gone through the roof over the last 10 years, largely down to TV rights?

Follow-up question …

Have the two cheeks of the same arse teams dominated in that period?

Fortunately, that business model belongs to the 90s and any business that remains rooted in history and fails to adapt will fail. This thrashing churn of united and liverpool "special club" mythology is simply the dying throes of traditional media.

Howver, being alive to see united and liverpool sink further into the mire of pre-history in front of the watching (and laughing) world is one of the great pleasures of our times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.