United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
what stands out to me is the pictures are of Mario walking away and Ferdinand and the united players losing their shit but the commentary is all about how its Marios fault.
Ferdinand was always winding up other opposition supporters during winning goal celebrations, but when one of our players does the same he didn't like it.

One rule for them, another for everyone else it seems.....

what stands out to me is the pictures are of Mario walking away and Ferdinand and the united players losing their shit but the commentary is all about how its Marios fault.
They should have been in awe of SWP holding the fucker back & giving him xx stone & height.

Wio was just posturing and would have legged it if Balo came for him.

They should have been in awe of SWP holding the fucker back & giving him xx stone & height.

Wio was just posturing and would have legged it if Balo came for him.

That's rio for ya...

I know a few people in boxing because I was a decent junior before I had to pack it in but I still know plenty around the game in London, some were in the gym with him in Bermondsey and they said that time Rio wanted to become a boxer, he was willing while he was hitting the bag. As soon as he actually sparred, he shit himself and the boxing journey come to an abrupt end.

Thats literally why it was a big story that he was boxing and then he suddenly knocked it on the head out of nowhere. He simply shit his pants when he had to do a sparring session and you get hit back.

That's rio for ya...

I know a few people in boxing because I was a decent junior before I had to pack it in but I still know plenty around the game in London, some were in the gym with him in Bermondsey and they said that time Rio wanted to become a boxer, he was willing while he was hitting the bag. As soon as he actually sparred, he shit himself and the boxing journey come to an abrupt end.

Thats literally why it was a big story that he was boxing and then he suddenly knocked it on the head out of nowhere. He simply shit his pants when he had to do a sparring session and you get hit back.
as mike tyson said 'everyones got a plan until they get punched in the face'

Absolutely. I boxed from the age of 6, I could say I've probably seen hundreds of lads and blokes that fancied themselves a bit and come to the gym until it was time to spar and take some punches and never turned up the week after, like Ferdinand.

I don't mind that, it's simply not for everyone, its barely for anyone, so I don't mind people giving it a go and releasing getting hit is not enjoyable.

The thing with Camel Gob though is that he was making a big song and dance about it, getting reporters down etc. before he had even sparred a round. Completely underestimated the sport.

Absolutely. I boxed from the age of 6, I could say I've probably seen hundreds of lads and blokes that fancied themselves a bit and come to the gym until it was time to spar and take some punches and never turned up the week after, like Ferdinand.

I don't mind that, it's simply not for everyone, its barely for anyone, so I don't mind people giving it a go and releasing getting hit is not enjoyable.

The thing with Camel Gob though is that he was making a big song and dance about it, getting reporters down etc. before he had even sparred a round. Completely underestimated the sport.
as you said it looks fun on tv and in the rocky movies but getting hit in the face is not fun and never will be lol, some people think hitting the pads are enough but its never the same until someone hits you back.

yeah well Iron Mike was just ripping of an old Prussian General...(don't tell him..)

Helmuth von Moltke was a Field Marshall and brilliant war strategist in the 19th Century. He first coined the term "no plan survives contact with the enemy"

yeah well Iron Mike was just ripping of an old Prussian General...(don't tell him..)

Helmuth von Moltke was a Field Marshall and brilliant war strategist in the 19th Century. He first coined the term "no plan survives contact with the enemy"
i like mikes version better and thats cos i know mike could take my head off im fairly sure im okay where helmuth is concerned lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.