United Thread - 2023/24

One of the players was promised by Matt Busby that if he fell on any hard times, to get in contact and he would help him. Instead Busby fell on deaf ears.
Albert Scanlon , a distant relation to my mother and Chicago blues father , who was himself a fine footballer . Met him a couple of times when I went to work with my father who was a truck driver and Albert was a docker at Salford docks . Can’t really remember that much only that I remember he came across as a really nice fella .
Quite unthinkable what happened to the survivors who were no longer of use to them, very sad .

The last time they beat us (Jan 24) I said to my rag brother in law "We always win the ones that matter and the last time that didn't happen was a long time ago". You could argue that when they beat us 3-2 at ours on the day we could have won the league in 2018 it was a meaningful game, luckily for me he didn't ;)
it was a meaningless game, in that it only postponed the inevitable by a week.

Albert Scanlon , a distant relation to my mother and Chicago blues father , who was himself a fine footballer . Met him a couple of times when I went to work with my father who was a truck driver and Albert was a docker at Salford docks . Can’t really remember that much only that I remember he came across as a really nice fella .
Quite unthinkable what happened to the survivors who were no longer of use to them, very sad .
Totally sad, then there was the player who had his house taken off him despite the fact his wife was pregnant.

I am reluctant to ridicule United before we play them before the Final, but that was frankly pathetic from them, and Antony’s goading of Coventry’s fans after the shoot out after his ‘magnificent’ performances since his expensive transfer just goes to show how pathetic they have been of late.
Everything that is bad with the game that lot are. No respect for opponents after matches, especially lower league teams and I bet they laugh at non-league football.

Goading a referee if you don't agree with him and being violent about it..... Never happened until that vermin started it.

Let's not forget how they kicked the relatives of the Munich dead out of their club houses ,as soon as it was decided there was no reason for them to be living there anymore.

Classy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.