United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hilarious if thousands of blues show up at Wembley in it.

Even better, if we manage to win the league. Everyone should have one for the parade. Oh the scenes would be glorious-:)
Rather than give the rag the cash surely we have a del boy on here who could slightly tweek the design and flog it?

The bit about Nicky Butt certainly isn't true as a knew his Dad Terry. Nicky was always at ushited as all the family were reds. I don't ever recollect Terry running about in a Merc.
Nicky got a blue BMW M5 when he signed. I know because he parked it on my dads drive when he was in the Cotton tree!

If Chelsea win their next game (v West Ham) and the rags lose (v Palace), both of which are possible, the rags are down to 8th and could well be failing to even qualify for either of the Thursday nighters.
Since the FA cup runners up don't qualify for Europe what would that do to their shopping budget for next season :-)

From the Caf:
"Any confidence I did have (and there wasn't a lot other than it being based on "lets wait and see what they do") has been completely removed with this "our whole squad is for sale" stupidity.

Its the sort of thing a child or one of the more unhinged people on here would do. Throw the toys out of the pram because CL qualification has disappeared over the horizon and it means your wallet gets hurt, basically. Shouldn't have fecking taken on part ownership under the mantra of wanting to make the club successful again if you weren't prepared for an entirely forseable thing to happen that might make it more difficult.

There's no actual sound strategy to it because whatever you raise ofree up selling players will need to be re-invested to replace them, and if you've undervalued every single player but putting them all up for sale at once, any money you recoup from that is only going to get you someone worse, or at best a young/unproven player who will be a big gamble.

There is no example of a team that has been successful by effectively trying to threaten its players into doing better. There is no example of a team that's sold and replaced most of its squad in a very short space of time (without losing a sh*t tonne of money in the process) and then suddenly got loads better. Most of the time when teams have done things like this they have ended up getting relegated.

Its dangerous to pretend hat INEOS are doing isn't extremely stupid/wreckless based on nothing other than them being new/not the Glazers. Ratcliffe, and this was my issue with him from the start, has a track record of this sort of behavour. Where he doesn't seem to understand that paying people money doesn't mean they are slave to his will. It might work when you're up against weak unions or near minimum wage workers. It isn't going to work as a tactic on millionaire footballers or the nuances of creating a succesfully performing football team from them."

Poetry.
Can you not see that it’s City’s fault that the rags are run by a bunch of amateurs? It’s not fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.