United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the giddy speculation that City might not be allowed in the Champions League because of CFG's ownership of Girona we now find the rags could be dumped out of the Europa League into the Conference League because of Catweazle's ownership of Nice.

giphy.gif

Don't let it get to you. You can't stop them thinking whatever they want to think.
It's like when we shout "covid year" to Liverpool over their title. We all know that is incorrect but it winds the fuckers up no end.
That's all they are trying to do.
Just agree with them and say "great isn't it?"
When they don't get a rise out of you is when they'll stop
I’m not daft enough to rise to it mate it only fuels the flames. But the club should tell the premier league to put up or shut up

The Rag next door finally caught up with me today, giving me all the expected crap.

To be fair he isn't usually to bad so I took his comments with good grace but it was interesting that he said that that was their best performance of the season and he couldn't believe how bad we were.
So to clarify, They took the lead through a defensive howler, we hit the crossbar, Alvarez missed a sitter, Their keeper made a couple of excellent saves and big Earl was wrestled to the floor in the 2nd half which should have been a penalty. Absolutley nothing fell for us in their box.

All this and they beat us by a single goal.

The Rag next door finally caught up with me today, giving me all the expected crap.

To be fair he isn't usually to bad so I took his comments with good grace but it was interesting that he said that that was their best performance of the season and he couldn't believe how bad we were.
So to clarify, They took the lead through a defensive howler, we hit the crossbar, Alvarez missed a sitter, Their keeper made a couple of excellent saves and big Earl was wrestled to the floor in the 2nd half which should have been a penalty. Absolutley nothing fell for us in their box.

A lad I know reckons they walloped us, I could t he arsed arguing but I don’t think he watched the second half, I think they got in our box about 5 times in 50 mins!

That refusal to go to a more defensive plan B could be the reason why DeZerbi is a car crash waiting to happen for them.
As they simply don't have the personnel to consistently carry out his tikki takka, much less the motivation, they could end up like Burnley or the next Bielsa at Leeds.
My only slight concern is that going there could put some kind of permanent taint on him, whether that's through simple association with their culture or the potential failure that might ensue...
Let’s face it, if de Zerbi rocks up at the swamp, there is no way he will ever do a similar job in Manchester.

(Master Plan) A Genius even thinks of the littlest details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.