United Thread - 2023/24

Haha. They’ve bought a player for £77m who has evidence of a stress fracture on his spine, which will mean he’s likely to be unable to play 2 games a week.

Those idiots.

Sorry just listen to talknowt and he is going to be the best thing since slive bread funny when Haaland signed they were saying he won't fit into our club! Not one negative about this player oh they think 16 goals in al comps in 40 odd appearances is good! It's average

Sorry just listen to talknowt and he is going to be the best thing since slive bread funny when Haaland signed they were saying he won't fit into our club! Not one negative about this player oh they think 16 goals in al comps in 40 odd appearances is good! It's average
That’s what I have on. I did like Brazil saying ‘what’s he scored in Italy? 9 goals?’ then went onto compare him to Haaland.

Aherne though, she was talking like she’s going to get bummed off him good.

Haha. They’ve bought a player for £77m who has evidence of a stress fracture on his spine, which will mean he’s likely to be unable to play 2 games a week.

Those idiots.
I watched one of those 'every touch' videos against Juventus and to be fair, he looked decent. But ultimately you've got to be judged on your end product, and to be paying that sort of money for a striker with so few goals is insane. I know we took the piss out of Nunez, but at least when the scousers paid a similar amount for him, he was coming off the back of a 34 goal season. Meanwhile we're paying £14m for a striker with a better than one in two record in Argentina for two seasons, and £50-odd million for a striker with a goal a game record in Germany and the Champions League (admittedly on massive wages).

He's the sort of striker they should be bringing in for a £30m gamble (and even that's generous), not someone they should be paying first team starter money for.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.