United Thread - 2023/24

Whereas the rags have breached UEFA rules and admitted it. If the EPL rules werent as stringent as UEFAs we wouldnt be getting fucked over as we have already been cleared of the UEFA charges at CAS.
Ok mate. I just tried to answer the question you asked

The CFCB concludes the last assessment of the break-even requirement during the 2022/23 season​

Friday, July 14, 2023

Manchester United FC (ENG), Konyaspor (TUR) and APOEL FC (CYP) reported minor break-even deficits. These clubs were fined respectively with €300,000, €100,000 and €100,000.

In with the big boys there.

Now the rags have been fined by UEFA for breaching their FFP break even rules, it must be assumed they have also failed the EPL version of the FFP rules? Surely the EPL will now launch an investigation into their finances?
I still think the dodgy cayman island accounts is the reason why no buyer wants to touch this scummy club NOW guilty club

I'm not well-versed with FFP, but the article states - "only €15m (£12.8m) of the €281m (£240.5m) of revenues lost due to the pandemic WITHIN the FFP calculation"
Elsewhere it is written, "Because of the way UEFA treated Covid issues, they committed a very minor breach of FFP rules. It's effectively a slap on the wrist"

The way I understand it, UEFA changed the FFP rules due to the pandemic. United sent their financial report reflecting the new changes, and supposedly within FFP. UEFA reviews the report and reduces their pandemic losses claim from £240.5m to £12.8m. So that should mean an FFP loss of £227.7m or thereabouts, does it not? So how is it a minor breach? It doesn't make sense for me. Or are they allowed to redo their report or something?

City posted an FFP loss of almost £149m due to a 'UEFA rule change' and got a fine of £49m and transfer restrictions. Why shouldn't it be similar or more for united?

I have a sneaking suspicion that they admitted to the fine so readily, and using the media to brush it off as 'minor', so that no one would try to do an in-depth investigation of their financial reports. Would like to see if UEFA will release their detailed FFP report rather than just a one-liner..

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.