United Thread - 2023/24

Definition of a rag legend
Fat bald squeaky voice dickhead who exaggerates a poor Salford accent and is clueless best of all he tells everyone he doesn’t go to or even watches games
Is this what ManU have become??
Cut the guy some slack...how can he possible go to the match when he's ' broadcasting ' , probably from his nans spare room, to the great unwashed, who also obviously dont go to the match and making a bob or two whilst at it.. Guy's got a potential audience of 659 million. Fair play I say

The Glazers may know fuck all about football but I wish I was as "stupid" as them in a business sense, sitting on a clear $6bn+ profit - including the dividends already taken - if they want to sell the whole lot at the price Ratcliffe is paying.
If Ratcliffe is intent on full control the only US shareholders worth working on are the ones holding 51% of the voting rights, the Glazers.
Do you think Martin Edwards was an intelligent businessman, because by the metric you apply there he’s a genius. Sometimes people benefit from being in the right place at the right time and the current crop of Glazers sit on all fours with that. Their asset value has grown in spite of their ineptitude, principally because of the growth of the product to which their inherited asset is associated, namely the Premier League - and especially because of the place that asset holds within that product. Quite frankly, a bang average middle manger could have delivered better results in the same circumstances.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think the old man wasn’t a brilliant businessman and most likely extremely clever, although with questionable ethics, but I’ve seen nothing in his offspring to suggest that’s been passed down to any meaningful extent. And that’s who we’re are dealing with now, not the brilliance, vision and chutzpah of their father.

Their strategy, decision making and planning have all been absolutely shambolic, especially given the revenue and resources at their disposal.

There is nothing in the way they have managed that asset that leads me to categorise them as remotely clever.

Wow, so you're not wumming and you actually are attempting to make valid points regarding the Glazer business model and the present and potential future ownership of the club.

I wouldn't have bothered responding if I'd realised your illogical muddled thinking actually made sense in your own mind!
You should read the thread properly. It is a response to the statement that Ineos have bought a pig in a poke and will be blocked from carrying out any reforms. The response is a speculation on what Ratcliffe might do in that event.
There is no attempt to design a business plan nor any comment on what makes a good business man.

I'm not sure how Brailsford and his 'marginal gains' are going to help them. Even ignoring the drugs cheating, you can make a bike a bit more aerodynamic or find some other way of improving its performance by other physical means. You can improve the stamina and technique of the rider a bit.

Putting the two together might give you some small gains that are all you need in a sport where everyone you're competing against isn't doing what you're doing. But you can't use that to make a player see or execute an incisive pass, or improve their positioning. You need a Pep for that, not someone who gets you washing your hands more effectively.

And anyway, they're already completely marginal so how much more marginal can he make them?
Maybe if they all had a nose like Rashford’s they would be more aerodynamic. Anyone know a good plastic surgeon who’ll do a discount for a job lot?

Do you think Martin Edwards was an intelligent businessman, because by the metric you apply there he’s a genius. Sometimes people benefit from being in the right place at the right time and the current crop of Glazers sit on all fours with that. Their asset value has grown in spite of their ineptitude, principally because of the growth of the product to which their inherited asset is associated, namely the Premier League - and especially because of the place that asset holds within that product. Quite frankly, a bang average middle manger could have delivered better results in the same circumstances.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think the old man wasn’t a brilliant businessman and most likely extremely clever, although with questionable ethics, but I’ve seen nothing in his offspring to suggest that’s been passed down to any meaningful extent. And that’s who we’re are dealing with now, not the brilliance, vision and chutzpah of their father.

Their strategy, decision making and planning have all been absolutely shambolic, especially given the revenue and resources at their disposal.

There is nothing in the way they have managed that asset that leads me to categorise them as remotely clever.
The old man started with nothin, selling trinkets on the street. He traded up at every turn until he had amassed a fortune.The offspring started with everything and may end up with nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.