United Thread - 2023/24

I just find it remarkable that Brailsford has been allowed to continue being involved in any form of sports coaching given his unquestionable links to the use of PED's in cycling.

Obviously now he's at united that scandal will be swept even further under the carpet than it already is.
At least until they want rid of him

I’ve just popped over to the caff to see if there’s any mention of possible FFP issues. Well tan maa hide if there isn’t a peep. There is this belter though. Only attempt to read it with a fast internet connection because it is the longest post I’ve ever seen on any internet forum. And every single word is utter bollocks.
That my friend is pure comedy gold! You have unearthed an absolute classic there. Unbelievable stuff....ha ha ha....oh fuck me, I don't know where to start with that humongous pile of shite. Where do they get these 'fans' from? (nowhere near Manchester I guess). Thanks for that it made my day!

Masters must be one of the most stupid people to be promoted to his own level of incompetence. He could have taken a step back when City were cleared by CAS. But he chose to declare war on City, the fastest-growing club in the world, playing sensational football which is driving huge increases in overseas broadcast revenues for the PL.
This is what happens when organisations become so toxic and politicised that senior people are incapable of thinking long-term. They end up chasing short-term headlines and fail to have any strategic long-term planning. This is also what has happened to MUFC and the UK Government. The lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum.
I would say he had no choice he was forced/pressured into it ..

Where's this stuff about the rags being investigated? I can't see anything in the media, no surprise there.

I would say he had no choice he was forced/pressured into it ..
I think he was rewarded for it. It was a very strange appointment. He was given the job, despite having no legal or financial experience, after being vetted by Directors of LFC and MUFC. What must the other PL Directors think now?

I can't really recall football on tv in the 70s/80s other than the FA Cup or World Cup/ Internationals. I know itv did broadcast live games , possibly with Brian Moore?

But in those decades Liverpool/ Forrest/ Villa/Arse/united all used to be in Europe, us too! The point is that these European games were on either BBC or itv, therefore nationwide coverage. After football's rehabilitation in Italia 90, the plans for the PL were accelerated.

There was a huge market for live league games and everyone got a dish. United became their pinups and everyone wanted a piece. Throughout the 90s the rebranded Champion's League remained on terrestrial TV. These fees from games added the saturated sly TV coverage gave united a significant financial advantage.

As the CL was engorged, this began to give fello istree boys liverpool and arsenal lesser advantage. Nouveau riche arrivistes chelsea started to upset the applecart.

However I would argue that since the 90s united and liverpool have exerted a vice like grip on both the FA and Uefa, to the detriment of football. This isn't by accident.

David Gill was chief executive at umbro before joining united. Rick Parry was chief executive of the PL before joining liverpool. Both were instrumental in bringing in FFP, to curb upstart City and their lucrative revenue streams.

Even now Gill's baleful influence extends through Uefa and FIFA. Parry left Uefa by mutual consent, coincidentally when the CAS case was lost, due to Uefa leaking like an incontinent tart.

Parry I think is still involved in the Championship, his is a very powerful voice outside the PL. He was one of the architects of making the PL an unhealthy cartel and I'm sure he and Gill have continued ambition for the European Super League.

We should always be on our guard with these two clubs, and the cunts doing their bidding, entrenching their influence. The fact that united "might" be sanctioned for failing FFP has delicious irony, but I'll believe it when I see it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.