United Thread - 2023/24

Scruffy Jim and the Glazers should be means tested for any kind of contribution to a new project. The Club should be forced to open up their Isle of Man company accounts held in the Cayman Isle, they’d shit themselves.

Also Scruffy should be limited to 90 days a year in the country if he’s non dom, fuck him off until he starts paying tax. I know he’s legally using tax avoidance schemes but it just isn’t right, I wonder if Labour would have the balls to piss him off when they get in (not making this political btw)?

I think it is going to be very hard for them to get Govt funding and probably shows where they are…

There is no precedent for this kind of thing and helping out American billionaires, Monaco residents and companies who pay footballers hundreds of thousands pounds a week is not going to go down well.

People can point to West Ham/ City to lesser of an extent. But these clubs have helped out regardless of good deal etc.

When you host these big things there are numerous examples of stadiums then being left to rot, some of the reason why Qatar did temporary ones.

They have legacy teams and getting the athletics stadium to maintain and be useful is pretty much top of the list.

Then you have how annoyed we would be, but Tottenham worse, Arsenal, Chelsea would be very interested and expect to be next.

The only thing in memory would be the Real Madrid training ground, but it’s clutching straws TBH and probably a good example why a Government should not do anything to help in that way.

I unfortunately will never be surprised by things Govt do, but this I would be very, very close.

It’s a huge own goal (pardon the pun).
Is it? Whichever government approves the funding are guaranteed three quarters of a billion votes at the next election.

I think it is going to be very hard for them to get Govt funding and probably shows where they are…

There is no precedent for this kind of thing and helping out American billionaires, Monaco residents and companies who pay footballers hundreds of thousands pounds a week is not going to go down well.

People can point to West Ham/ City to lesser of an extent. But these clubs have helped out regardless of good deal etc.

When you host these big things there are numerous examples of stadiums then being left to rot, some of the reason why Qatar did temporary ones.

They have legacy teams and getting the athletics stadium to maintain and be useful is pretty much top of the list.

Then you have how annoyed we would be, but Tottenham worse, Arsenal, Chelsea would be very interested and expect to be next.

The only thing in memory would be the Real Madrid training ground, but it’s clutching straws TBH and probably a good example why a Government should not do anything to help in that way.

I unfortunately will never be surprised by things Govt do, but this I would be very, very close.

It’s a huge own goal (pardon the pun).
Arsenal and Spurs have very new grounds though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.