United Thread - 2023/24

If I take my blue tinted spectacles off for a moment - I fear united have started the long climb back. The two forwards Garnacho and Hoijlund are playing well together and for each other (something that they seemed to have lacked for a while). Shaw is always solid (in two ways) at left back, Wan-Bissaka at right back is very hard to beat, although he's lacking going forward and Maguire has found a little form. They're short of creativity in midfield, certainly in the big games as Fernandez goes missing. Rashford is a problem for them, not a team player, plays in an unknown position and certainly not as good as he/they think he is.
With the addition of a good creative midfielder they could possibly finish in the top two or three next season.

Right, let's begin the pile on.
They are years away ..........teams that concede loads of chances and have to spawn late wins tend not to be title challengers ........ they are into a purple patch of playing teams that wont punish them l,the media in this country will make out they are the real deal.
In fact would it be a bad thing if they finish top 4 ??? The whole club would get complacent thinking they dont need much work doing when in all honesty its a mess

They're much better at the moment going forward but they still look rubbery at the back. Like previously said, they're still scraping wins last minute which is good for drama but bigger picture it's not a good place to be if they're looking to finish in top positions. Just takes one injury or a little big of luck change and they'll be getting beat 3-1 again at home.

IMO they are pulling themselves together. Luck does seem to have It's big say in a lot of their games. Yes I want to see them lose every game 5 nil, but you have to give credit where credit is due (looking at it from a neutral football fan POV). I just don't get how teams shit the bed against them. The way Villa played against Us and the way they played against them was miles apart. And obviously we are far superior on paper to the rags!!!!

They are the turd that won't flush.
I actually thought Villa played well apart from the finishing but my god thst braindead decision to not go after them while in top was a joke

IMO they are pulling themselves together. Luck does seem to have It's big say in a lot of their games. Yes I want to see them lose every game 5 nil, but you have to give credit where credit is due (looking at it from a neutral football fan POV). I just don't get how teams shit the bed against them. The way Villa played against Us and the way they played against them was miles apart. And obviously we are far superior on paper to the rags!!!!

Unfortunately the rags were better than us against Villa.

Just been for a blood test at Salford Royal.

Walked into M&S for my chocolate fix. Giddy rag says eww I don’t serve you lot. I said good I wouldn’t want to catch something off you and have you got something against serving winners.

While I was paying the cashier who was a fellow blue I said to the funny rag I see Weghorst 2 drew level with Weghorst 1 on goals scored yesterday, that’s 5 each for the season Weghorst 1 plays for Hoffenheim. I even took my mask off to smile and give him a knowing wink.

Have it.

Last edited:

In what way do they warrant "credit where its due"?

All I see is a team that gets outplayed almost every game yet somehow fluke one goal wins through a combination of favourable officiating and opposition forwards shitting their panties in front of goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.