United Thread - 2023/24

Just so I've got your argument straight, you're upset because Brexiteer Tory Tax Exile, Sir Jim Ratcliffe and former athletes and ex-Tory politician Seb Coe have begun the process of creating publicity trying to drum up support to receive some Levelling Up money from the Tory government along with private sponsors/investors.
This is somehow the fault of "Burnham's mob" because the mayor of Greater Manchester has said that they'd support and welcome any kind of investment in Greater Manchester.
The crux of your distress at this situation is because City dealt with Manchester City Council and not "Burnham's mob" (who were elected in 2017 when Greater Manchester become one of the first devolved areas in the country) to build the Etihad Campus (opened in 2014, 3 years before the devolution of Greater Manchester) or were involved in the building of the original Sportcity development which regenerated the part of East Manchester that now holds the Etihad (originally built as the City of Manchester Stadium using government funds from the Sport England initiative) which opened in time for the start of the Commonwealth Games in 2002, a whopping 15 years before "Burnham's mob" had any say over Greater Manchester.
You feel that no money should go to Trafford as there's already plenty of private money in new developments already there, much like all the New Islington developments in Beswick, but you're unhappy about what this non-existent, hypothetical money has been used for despite it not existing or being allocated to any project that may or may not happen or exist.
However, all these hypothetical situations are all the fault of "Burnham's mob", have I got that correct?

That's right. The bastards.

Manchester United's recruitment team are touring Europe's biggest clubs before the transfer window in an effort to get an early start on this summer's squad rebuild. (ESPN)
BBC Gossip Column.

Translation for non Rags fans.

Scruffy Jim will be taking his pick up truck on tour shouting “any old iron” and come back with Wesley Sneijder and Diego Forlan.

According to the bbc gossip, psg are preparing an £80m bid for rashford, f*ck me did they not see him play against us 2 weeks ago (ignoring his goal).
I'm sure the only reason any club would look to sign Rashford is for his commercial/social media revenue generating value rather than his footballing abilities.

Manchester United's recruitment team are touring Europe's biggest clubs before the transfer window in an effort to get an early start on this summer's squad rebuild. (ESPN)
BBC Gossip Column.

Translation for non Rags fans.

Scruffy Jim will be taking his pick up truck on tour shouting “any old iron” and come back with Wesley Sneijder and Diego Forlan.
Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 08.40.10.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.