United vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Rammy Blue said:
Just had my morning laugh from SSN.

Player comparisons with Didi Hamann and, you guessed it, Dwight fucking Yorke giving their verdicts.

Sergio v Rughead

Silva v Mata

Yaya v Carrick

Didi playing it right and being impartial.

Yorke picked the scum players as being better in all 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha, prick.

I hate him, with a passion. But I'll back him up here, I have no doubt that he is on talking terms to all the United players mentioned. He's not going to say a city player is better than a player he personally knows. Roy Keane said a few months back that half the United pundits are still involved with the club, Yorke is undoubtedly one of those. I hope he's on the panel today and we beat them with a dubious goal which shouldnt of counted.

Well they shouldn't have asked the tosser to offer an opinion then, even the SSN presenters thought it was amusing.

They shouldn't, but the idiots did. If he got asked who was better out of maradon, messi or rooney, he'd say rooney. He shouldn't be allowed on the sky panel due to his bias towards United. It's like having a die hard united fan on the panel, who will say everything in favour of them. Can you imagine a city pundit being like that? Oh there was one, Mike sumberbee got fucked off by sky since he said we'd batter them in a few years.

We lined up 442 there last year and for the sick swan. Makes you wonder how using this formation has suddenly become so disastrous.

I can't really understand the enthusiasm for starting Nasri on here. He has more ability than Navas but only when he chooses to turn up. His non-performances at Anfield and the Camp Nou added to his petulant kicking out at players make him a liability, he won't get away with a wild hack with Clattenburg in charge.

Several months ago I was looking forward to ripping them a new you-know-what but now I am finding it hard to be excited about this fixture. Before the takeover I always worried about the match, just after the takeover I used to get really worked up as we got closer and closer to them in the league. The turning point was the 2011 semi-final, I knew then we had passed them by (I think the 4-3 the clubs were level - that match should have been draw!)

After that the fixtures were a joy to watch and I know they dreaded playing us, some of the games we were totally dominant.

Things have changed for this fixture and I hope it is just temporary, but you know what? - the last 7 years have been a blast and no matter what transpires (and I think it will turn around) I would not change it for the world.

Looks like Buzzer's been gagged by City.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-derby-city-ban-mike-5503130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ke-5503130</a>

lancs blue said:
I can't really understand the enthusiasm for starting Nasri on here. He has more ability than Navas but only when he chooses to turn up. His non-performances at Anfield and the Camp Nou added to his petulant kicking out at players make him a liability, he won't get away with a wild hack with Clattenburg in charge.

Gotta agree with that.

jimharri said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-derby-city-ban-mike-5503130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ke-5503130</a>

stopped reading at 'struggling'.

Early morning butterflies. Let's smash these RAG ****s.

Massive game lads.

Bruun said:
Paul_Powers_Tash said:
dom said:
Post of the evening, and totally agree
Go get 'em, blues

But

please oh please do not let fookin Manuel set us up 4-4-fookin 2

(By the way.. translation note for any Sky/Talkshite (SEN) journos... our manager has a first name, just like your pet boys ''Arry, 'Brendan' etc...

If Nasri wasn't such a smacked arse the line up should be...

Hart
Zabba- Kompany - Demi - Cliche
Milner - Fernandhino
Silva - Yaya - Nasri
Aguero

This allows good defensive cover from the midfield but also allows Yaya to sit on Carrick who still pulls their strings. Yaya's days as a box to box midfielder are also well and truly over but his intelligent passing, close control and attacking threat make him perfect for our number 10 role. In fact I'd go as far to say that is the ONLY role Yaya can play when we are playing against the better opposition.

Sadly, Nasri is a smacked arse who in my opinion should never have the privilege of pulling on a City shirt again in his career. So that leaves our only alternative as :-

Hart
Zabba - Kompany - Demi - Cliche
Fernando - Fernandhino
Sliva - Yaya - Milner
Aguero

Play the above and we will win. Play 4-4-2 and we will lose.

Pellegrini would never start Yaya in an advanced role in like that. he would play either Dzeko or Agüero there instead.

I know. He plays him in a position that he is no longer capable of playing and we end up getting given the runaround by the better teams with the extra man in midfield. We get away with it against lesser teams with less technically able midfielders. If Pellegrini plays Yaya in a two man midfield alongside either of the Fernand's we will lose.

It's a no brainier for me. They can smell blood so they will throw everything at us from the start, so we need to keep it tight and control the game from the early stages. The team above will prevent us from being overrun while being a threat when we have the ball. Simples!

stonerblue said:
jimharri said:

stopped reading at 'struggling'.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.