United's Corrupt Points Tally.. +4

jacko74

I realise we've already got a united thread and a VAR thread but this particular issue can get lost amongst the general discussion in those threads.

I think it would be useful to have a specific thread where we can keep an accurate tally of the points awarded to united over the course of the season as a direct result of "contentious" decisions by the onfield officials and VAR.

Not so much a discussion thread and not somewhere to highlight the constant, insidious low level favouritism that they receive week in week out, just somewhere to keep a record of the actual game changing and point gifting decisions that they benefit from on a weekly basis.

So to begin:-

- Mon 14 Aug Scum v Wolves. Failure to award a blatant penalty to Wolves. +2 corrupt points

Last edited:
I realise we've already got a united thread and a VAR thread but this particular issue can get lost amongst the general discussion in those threads.

I think it would be useful to have a specific thread where we can keep an accurate tally of the points awarded to united over the course of the season as a direct result of "contentious" decisions by the onfield officials and VAR.

Not so much a discussion thread and not somewhere to highlight the constant, insidious low level favouritism that they receive week in week out, just somewhere to keep a record of the actual game changing and point gifting decisions that they benefit from on a weekly basis.

So to begin:-

- Mon 15 Aug Scum v Wolves. Failure to award a blatant penalty to Wolves. +2 corrupt points
great minds etc, see my PiGMOL apologies thread

Good idea for a thread. There will be ones where it’s a proper goal or disallowed goal that hit the net that goes in their favour so will be interesting to see where it is at the end of the season.

But this is only a ‘sort of’ +2 points for this first one.

Like I kept telling Liverpool fans the other year (Rodri incident at Everton), there’s no guarantee that he’d have scored the penalty as on average 15% are not scored.

Plus - like I also said about the Rodri one at Everton - from the kick off United might have gone and scored a winner themselves because the game would have taken a different turn if they’d started with the ball on the centre spot with a different mindset after conceding a goal from a penalty, instead of down in their own box after a penalty wasn’t given.

A ‘sort of’ +2 points for this first one.

Like I kept telling Liverpool fans the other year (Rodri incident at Everton), there’s no guarantee that he’d have scored the penalty as on average 15% are not scored.

Good idea for a thread though. There will be ones where it’s a proper goal or disallowed goal that hit the net that goes in their favour so will be interesting to see where it is at the end of the season.

A non-given penalty isn’t a guaranteed goal though.

Plus - like I also said about the Rodri one at Everton - from the kick off United might have gone and scored a winner themselves because the game would have taken a different turn if they’d started with the ball on the centre spot with a different mindset after conceding a goal from a penalty, instead of down int heir own box after a penalty wasn’t given.
With Wolves' finishing last night it would probably have ended up in row z

Good idea for a thread. There will be ones where it’s a proper goal or disallowed goal that hit the net that goes in their favour so will be interesting to see where it is at the end of the season.

But this is only a ‘sort of’ +2 points for this first one.

Plus - like I also said about the Rodri one at Everton - from the kick off United might have gone and scored a winner themselves because the game would have taken a different turn if they’d started with the ball on the centre spot with a different mindset after conceding a goal from a penalty, instead of down in their own box after a penalty wasn’t given.
I get what you're saying on this but on the flip side a Wolves equaliser could have galvanised them and they could have won the ball from the kick off cut through United and scored a screamer. I think for the purpose of this thread a penalty is more than likely scored as per your stats and so United go on to lose atleast 2 points!

I get what you're saying on this but on the flip side a Wolves equaliser could have galvanised them and they could have won the ball from the kick off cut through United and scored a screamer. I think for the purpose of this thread a penalty is more than likely scored as per your stats and so United go on to lose atleast 2 points!
This is why I never hold individual referee decisions with ultimate importance over a result.

Anything can happen differently if a decision that’s been made was made differently, after it was made. Giving the penalty last night night have seen the game end up as a draw, might still have ended up with a United win or might have ended up with a Wolves win. We’ll never know.

The only thing we can say for sure is that we don’t know what the result will have been if the penalty was given.

The only time it can’t be a definite is if it was the last kick of the game and was a given goal that shouldn’t have been or a disallowed goal that should have stood.

Wolves were in attack when the United fan ran onto the pitch to stop the game. It was the 4th phase of attack with United only being able to hoof it clear and not being able to push up. Then a United fan runs onto the pitch and directly runs at the Wolve player in possesion to make sure the game is temporarily stopped

He wasnt one of those stop oil dickheads either, just a United fan who wanted to break up the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.