Unlocking Iphone to use on other networks? advice please :)

If its an upgrade your getting, ask O2 for the unlock code, they have to provide it to you, just say you want to give it to your mum, they will provide the code.

If they say they can't, don't believe them, they can, I work for a phone company, it's a piece of piss to do, they may charge you for the code, we charge £15, but at least it's done properly, hope that helps.

Thaksins Love Child said:
I wasn't sure how myself or wasn't 100% confident so took it to a random mobile shop a couple of weeks ago. They did it for £20 unlocked from voda for orange.

Dunno what they did but it's got cydia installed on it now.

Yours has been jailbroken, warranty is now void, unless you restore it, which will more than likely lock it back to Vodafone

SupermansHairGel said:
I wasn't sure how myself or wasn't 100% confident so took it to a random mobile shop a couple of weeks ago. They did it for £20 unlocked from voda for orange.

Yours has been jailbroken, warranty is now void, unless you restore it, which will more than likely lock it back to Vodafone
Yeah I know but doesn't matter. It's my old 3GS I've got a 4s now so give the old one to the missus.

SupermansHairGel said:
If its an upgrade your getting, ask O2 for the unlock code, they have to provide it to you, just say you want to give it to your mum, they will provide the code.

If they say they can't, don't believe them, they can, I work for a phone company, it's a piece of piss to do, they may charge you for the code, we charge £15, but at least it's done properly, hope that helps.

Problem with that is I have 2 contracts, one for my mrs and one for me. She had the last upgrade but it is her contract that I'm upgrading on, so it won't be her phone I need the code for?
Also this iphone I have I bought off ebay as I lost my last one. So would they still do it? Think I'm probably better off paying a shop for it doing?.

If the iPhone is from O2, I.e. its locked to them, tell them when your upgrading that you have an O2 iPhone that you have been using with that contract, and along as you have the IMEI (*#06#) they will still be able to give you the code.

They only get arsey if it's a mobile that's still under contract

SupermansHairGel said:
If the iPhone is from O2, I.e. its locked to them, tell them when your upgrading that you have an O2 iPhone that you have been using with that contract, and along as you have the IMEI (*#06#) they will still be able to give you the code.

Knew I could get sorted out on here :@) cheers pal, and thanks to everyone else who replied.
Blue Army

SupermansHairGel said:

Yeah I know but doesn't matter. It's my old 3GS I've got a 4s now so give the old one to the missus.

If that's the case, google/ YouTube installus by hackulo.us, nice way to get free apps

mcfcmatt said:
SupermansHairGel said:

Knew I could get sorted out on here :@) cheers pal, and thanks to everyone else who replied.
Blue Army

PS If they give me the code then what do I do?
I mean how do I unlock it, what direction/setting do I go in?

Check this

<a class="postlink" href="http://cow.neondragon.net/index.php/how-to-unlock-your-iphone-from-o2-and-orange" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cow.neondragon.net/index.php/how ... and-orange</a>

Will tell you all you need!

Hope it helps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.