Upcoming Fixtures Comparison...

MotownBlue

Been doing some thinking today…

So, there’s a lot of talk that we have had a slow start to this season. I’m not extremely worried, but I would certainly say we haven’t played our best football thus far. Thinking ahead, I decided to check out the next set of fixtures for the teams currently in the Top 4:

Chelsea:
10/6 Norwich
10/20 at Tottenham
10/28 Man U
11/3 at Swansea

Everton:
10/6 at Wigan
10/21 at QPR
10/28 Liverpool
11/3 at Fulham

Filthy Fucking Rags:
10/7 at Newcastle
10/20 Stoke
10/28 at Chelsea
11/3 Arsenal

Manchester City:
10/6 Sunderland
10/20 at West Bromwich Albion
10/27 Swansea
11/2 at West Ham

Considering that fact that we are only 4 points off the pace, I think this next set of fixtures could see us making a move up as the other three have tougher fixtures. Everton’s look easier, but they have to survive a pressure-packed derby before going to Craven Cottage to play a resolute Fulham side.

I know a lot of us are going to say they see bogey sides or banana skin moments in our next four fixtures, but the bottom line is this: I think any City fan would expect 12 points from those four fixtures and if we want to win the league again, that is what we must do. We must beat the lower sides and set ourselves up to minimize the damage done by slipping up against bigger clubs.

Looking further ahead, the following run of matches after the next four get considerably tougher, so all the more reason for us to BURY these weaker sides and pile up the points (whilst padding the Goal Difference, of course).

Thoughts, Blue Army?

CTID!

I'd probably settle for 10 points from those games , but 12 points obviously would be better !

We just have to keep chuggin' along , and see where it takes us ....... the threat from Chelsea and United is likely to be with us all season ..... maybe even from Arsenal too

the Champions League is an obvious distraction , and we have to learn to come back from those games and gain 'scrappy' victories in the following league game ...... as with Sunderland this weekend !

I can't see Sunderland scoring three goals at the Etihad for a second successive season , even with OUR defence this season , and after the excellent win at Fulham , we need to keep it going ....... we will also have to show much more 'forward thrust' and creativity at the Hawthorns than we did last season !

Sunderland will be tricky because we will be full strength tomorrow and are the early kickoff on Saturday so that means just two days of rest really and there might have to be some rotation again. I fancy us to get 3pts at West Brom unlike last season and also to beat Swansea. Not sure about West Ham, they have that Stokeishness about them that we often struggle with away from home.

Its possible Everton could be top by the end of those games! I do think that Liverpools position is false though and they will beat Everton.

I hope that the rags shitty performances continue and they pick up results they deserve. They have got 3 loseable games in there.

I expect us to get 10/12. Whether we will playing as we are I am not sure.

We've got to be looking for 12 points and if we get them we will probably be top of the league.

MotownBlue said:
Been doing some thinking today…

So, there’s a lot of talk that we have had a slow start to this season. I’m not extremely worried, but I would certainly say we haven’t played our best football thus far. Thinking ahead, I decided to check out the next set of fixtures for the teams currently in the Top 4:

Chelsea:
10/6 Norwich
10/20 at Tottenham
10/28 Man U
11/3 at Swansea

Everton:
10/6 at Wigan
10/21 at QPR
10/28 Liverpool
11/3 at Fulham

Filthy Fucking Rags:
10/7 at Newcastle
10/20 Stoke
10/28 at Chelsea
11/3 Arsenal

Manchester City:
10/6 Sunderland
10/20 at West Bromwich Albion
10/27 Swansea
11/2 at West Ham

Considering that fact that we are only 4 points off the pace, I think this next set of fixtures could see us making a move up as the other three have tougher fixtures. Everton’s look easier, but they have to survive a pressure-packed derby before going to Craven Cottage to play a resolute Fulham side.

I know a lot of us are going to say they see bogey sides or banana skin moments in our next four fixtures, but the bottom line is this: I think any City fan would expect 12 points from those four fixtures and if we want to win the league again, that is what we must do. We must beat the lower sides and set ourselves up to minimize the damage done by slipping up against bigger clubs.

Looking further ahead, the following run of matches after the next four get considerably tougher, so all the more reason for us to BURY these weaker sides and pile up the points (whilst padding the Goal Difference, of course).

Thoughts, Blue Army?

CTID!

my only qualm is your yankee date format

If we get 12 points, we'll be well well set to burn off the main opposition when we start meeting them soon afterwards. And, we'll be unbeaten after 10 league games.

I fail to see the point of having neverton there. Should replace them with a true rival like arsenal....come seasons end it will be us, scum, chelsea and arsenal in the mix possibly even spurs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.