Updated Laws of the Game

es1

For those of you who are interested the Laws of the Game for 2016/17 have been updated and released online - http://www.theifab.com/files/1 - 160412_laws-of-the-game-Digital_Print.pdf - any changes from last year are underlined.

The main two changes we'll see are:

A player who is injured by a foul by which the opponent receives a red or yellow card will not have to leave the field of play if treatment is received on the pitch

DOGSO - a yellow card is awarded for DOGSO fouls unless it's a pushing/pulling/holding offence or if the player has made no attempt to play the ball

While I've no problem with the first change, the second one will cause no end of problems for refs. It'll be difficult to decide if a player has made a genuine attempt to play the ball and has missed it or if he, knowing that he can't play the ball, makes a desperate challenge that looks like he plays the ball. I imagine we'll see a lot of refs opting for a yellow card in these situations when a red may be more appropriate.

If a ball is going into the goal and the interference does not prevent a defending player playing the ball, the goal is awarded if the ball enters the goal (even if contact was made with the ball) unless the ball enters the opponents’ goal.

Took me a minute or two to get me head round this one. Wonder if Crappenberg has this one lined up for next season's matches v Haringey Hotspurs?

They missed a trick with injured players, The new rule says that if a player is injured and the thug who injured him has been cautioned or sent off the injured player can stay on the pitch and be treated. Why not help him off and the thug stays off as long as the injured player. And if he doesn't come back on, then the thug can't come on until the sub comes on! If it's a red then he's off anyway!

Robert is local to me (he is the local Referee Development Officer - make of that what you will PB!). Mike Riley is the other one, bumped into him in M&S and out running a few times.

Print off a copy of the laws, have it with you at all times and if yer bump into them next time, give 'em the copy and smack 'em round the ear and tell 'em to learn and digest the contents.

"Players who are injured by a challenge punishable by a yellow or red card can now have quick treatment on the field, rather than having to leave, which previously gave the offending team temporary numerical advantage."

This one is a nice tweak.

The triple punishment one is excellent, as long as refs apply it correctly. Mistimed challenge = yellow, penalty. Grapple like Hugger Smalling = red card, penalty.

.......of course, old and new laws of the game dont apply to MCFC who can be fucked over whenever you want and preferably at every opportunity...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.