Updating a PC mainly for emulating and not very high end games

Have downloaded MSI afterburner and some program called Fraps ( Launchbox is working a treat it was quite intuitive thanks). I'm thinking of going for the Rysen 5 1600x because it is a more powerful CPU and keep the graphics card I have, it'll still be a big improvement and have a future proof motherboard built into the build.

Are you an AMD or Intel person and if either why?

Watched loads of youtube videos about gaming either with a top notch card or a budget one (Budget prices are scary aren't they?) and of course even cheap ones and the genre is battered with snobbery, it's a little like the Linux community always fighting and arguing with each other or dick waving.

What I have gleaned is this.

30fps is consistent with console gaming and this can be achieved even without a discrete graphics card.
That's good enough for me.

Most of the AAA titles (Isn't it weird how all the youtube channels benchmark using the same ones?) are games I would never even look twice at, that GTA and beating prostitutes up could have been updated for a Manchester audience and had permed chubsters clicking like Dolphins being chased through Ardwick.

So I don't care about the really new games but the classics and emulators, the advice here is good for me in as much as I don't need a completely new rig (It's what the kids say nowadays innit?) just a new slightly faster APU with maybe more RAM :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.