Upgrading a derby ticket and contact info at the club?

BLUE PEANUT

I know there is a couple of derby threads, and happy for this to be merged, but i'm after a contact at the club to raise an issue.

I have a season ticket with two kids in the family stand. Normally, if the kids can't go, i can upgrade the ticket to an adult and pay the difference, which i don't mind. However, for some reason, for big games, including the derbies, th eclub do not allow it.
With the derby being moved to a school night, there is a chance the kids won't be allowed to go (although if it is a decider or presenting the premier league trophy i will work on the wife !) This raises a couple of problems

If my kids don't go, as i'm not able to upgrade the ticket i can get a mate to use them and chance having my seasoncards confiscated. The sensible option would be either a) i'm allowed to upgrade them and the club make extra revenue or b) the club have some means of reimbursing me such as a voucher for the souvenier shop or money off a carling cup europa game thus recouping the money anyway. This way, they can sell that ticket to another blue at face value giving them a chance to attend an important match during which supporters could make the difference instead of two empty seats !

I would appreciate if anyone has a contact email address for someone at the club i can raise it with.

Right - rant over, come on you blues !!!

Re: Upgrading a derby ticket and contact info at the club ????

would be interested in this also as i'm in the same boat

Re: Upgrading a derby ticket and contact info at the club ????

Never knew the club wouldn't up grade it only if it was a cup game.

When i couldn't go the year we played spurs for forth place i gave my ticket away but then i got the day off work so i could so upgraded my cousins ticket no problem.

^

only 3 times, seriously?

I'm having probs at the moment as my 68 year old mum is having a bout of ill health to the extent she can barely walk. We've done 1 upgrade, but you mean to tell me we only have 2 left?? I knew you couldn't do cup matches, or the derby, but didn't know the cap was 3. Though it was half the season if you could prove ill health. She's gutted she's missing some matches by the way, but is doped up with morphine as her back goes into spasm, been in a mess for a few months and it's now too bad to go with (MRI scan next week) :(

Try phoning the ticket office first and explain your plight. If you are fobbed off try again and you may get someone more sympathetic.
This has happened to me on a couple of occasions and they are generally quite good despite the press they get on here sometimes.
I thought you could upgrade as often as you liked but only twice on a weekend but this may have changed .
I m in the same boat but I will be taking my daughter to this one. Far more important than an education and a decent future ;-)

kippaxkid74 said:
^

only 3 times, seriously?

I'm having probs at the moment as my 68 year old mum is having a bout of ill health to the extent she can barely walk. We've done 1 upgrade, but you mean to tell me we only have 2 left?? I knew you couldn't do cup matches, or the derby, but didn't know the cap was 3. Though it was half the season if you could prove ill health. She's gutted she's missing some matches by the way, but is doped up with morphine as her back goes into spasm, been in a mess for a few months and it's now too bad to go with (MRI scan next week) :(

First of all hope your mum gets better soon pal!

It's stupid but it's true. I have upgraded my brothers for my mate and when i went to do it for the Blackburn game they said no because I have already done it 3 times this season!

I'm pretty sure you can upgrade it but just not on the day. My wife did this when my lad couldn't go and she got chucked out! I had to meet her after the game and she was well pissed off! They're red hot on it for the derby.

I've upgraded a few times, but never realised there was a 3 times limit on it it ?

To be honest, i'm not arsed about being reimbursed as think the £95 is great value for a junior seasoncard - just think it's daft that for big games either city miss out on revenue, another fan is unable to get a ticket and t.he seats are empty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.