Not open for further replies.
IMG_0686.png
If they were the same standard but English teams according to Opta

City would be well…City!
Fluminense would be Leeds United
Al Ahly would be West Brom
Red Diamonds would be Preston

So all top half of the Championship

The best team in the World outside Europe would be Crystal Palace level.

Big favourites but not a given in a one off knock out situation.

In 2025 it will be City Bayern Real Madrid Inter standard.

Last edited:
The hype around club World Cup is huge around the world bar UK. Especially in South America it’s seen a massive thing. The energy is not same here. I am excited for us to make history and nervous if we play Fluminese with their anti positional football it’s all the rave now and wonder how we cope tbh.

The hype around club World Cup is huge around the world bar UK. Especially in South America it’s seen a massive thing. The energy is not same here. I am excited for us to make history and nervous if we play Fluminese with their anti positional football it’s all the rave now and wonder how we cope tbh.
Pep knows all about their manager and their playing style. They will have a few traps set for them no doubt If we both reach the final.

The UK will be a lot more interested in 2025 I suspect as the majority have no idea of who we are playing this time.

In some respects we can only lose this year. If we win our rivals will say it means nothing as they are “pub teams” and if we lose we won’t hear the last of it.

Id like this one in the record books before it goes to 32 teams. We will still have effectively beaten everyone if we lift the trophy. It’s just that the top 50 teams in the World are European due to the players we can attract.

Last edited:
Next season in the USA will be the big one with 32 teams. Winning this year puts City in the record books. The club World Cup will be a major event in the future…not least because most international football is sub-standard.

those bloody selfish players of ours, flying out tonight , so my saturday night will be loading their plane and waving them off :)

Here's the boys taxi :-)

A6-BND Etihad Airways Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner photographed at Shanghai Pudong (PVG / ZSPD) by GZ-T16

1900 EK29 A6-BND B789 Manchester City Livery Deps 2200
it's running about 40 mins early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.