US Politics Thread

I honestly don't get the hype about Harris. I've seen a few of her speeches and she comes across as someone not really in tune with what she is trying to get across.. Certainly not "Presidential" anyway.

Is it too late to have someone else to run?

I know he’s endorsing her but can’t the democrats refuse that?
I suspect the whole party is reuniting behind her as we speak.

There could be challenges and a primary might have to take place if anyone else fancies it. However, looking at the statements backing Harris coming in already I suspect many were written weeks ago.

I honestly don't get the hype about Harris. I've seen a few of her speeches and she comes across as someone not really in tune with what she is trying to get across.. Certainly not "Presidential" anyway.

Is it too late to have someone else to run?

Apparently can't use the campaign funds if Harris isn't on the ticket, imaging having a VP that nobody seems to want to take over ?

I actually think Harris would by default expose the deep racism and misogyny inherent to Trump and the MAGA party—they wouldn’t be able to stop it from consuming the campaign, as we are even seeing with J.D. Vance’s wife right now.

And she is far, far smarter than Trump, Vance, and most of the MAGA politicians at the forefront of that campaign, so would also highlight the idiocy and chaos of the “movement” at pretty much every point without even really trying.

I think Whitmer would also be a great pick from a competence standpoint, but I am not sure she will disrupt the Trump campaign in the same way.

I am still to be convinced by Newsom, if I am honest, but I should probably not go in to my reasons right now.

Otherwise, as usual, you and I generally agree on the ramifications of this decision.

All of that said, I think I’ll just go for that nap I mentioned before I go down the rabbit hole with other posters actually sharing very questionable opinions! ;-)
A Newsom/Widmer ticket in 2028 I reckon.
Wonder who will run alongside Harris this time though.

I suspect the whole party is reuniting behind her as we speak.

There could be challenges and a primary might have to take place if anyone else fancies it. However, looking at the statements backing Harris coming in already I suspect many were written weeks ago.
Was this a sop to getting him to agree to withdraw?

She polls much worse against Trump than Biden does.

That’s not really true, the polling is mixed (not to mention that it’s well understood that hypothetical polling on “possible candidates” is notoriously inaccurate).

YouGov and Ipsos have her closing the margin by a couple of points versus Biden which, if true, would make it really close.

Other polls have her basically polling about the same. There are some polls that have her doing worse but from lower rated pollsters and these are generally outliers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.