US Politics Thread

During the debate Harris should say, “I absolutely do not want Putin’s support. I challenge my opponent to say the same sentence publicly right now.”
Followed by "Putin does not have videos of me with under-age teens from the Moscow orphanage, I challenge my opponent to say the same."

According to ABC, Dick Cheney will vote for Harris. This comes via his daughter, Liz.
It's amazing how quickly politics deteriorates sometimes. I remember at the time they left office the era of Dubya and Cheney was looked back on with derision. Compared to recent US politics it almost feels like a golden age, and this was the President who said he never stops looking for ways to harm his country.

I find there's something totally warped and bizarre about this defence.

If I found out that I had been unknowingly funded by a fascistic foreign regime in an attempt to influence an election using disinformation, I would probably think "Oh god, I need to seriously challenge my opinions and check the sources of my information more thoroughly."

But these guys are saying, "We're the victims, we didn't know the money was Russian or that we were spreading disinformation. There was no editorial interference in our content at all."

So let me get this straight, you're claiming that Putin was sat there going, "10/10, no notes, great content Dave" and... that is somehow... better, why? They are admitting to being useful idiots who spread disinformation voluntarily and claiming this exonerates them.

Your motivation matters not, ethically the end result is exactly the same. To come out with a defence like this suggests they are either mendacious, or dangerously stupid. Pick one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.