US Politics Thread

I don’t deserve any credit; the thoughtful thing for him to do would have been to announce this a year at minimum ago. Too late now.

At least it sounds like so far the possible contenders have all gotten behind Harris so the convention isn’t a shit show.
A contested convention could actually be a good thing, so long as it doesn't become too rancorous.

I honestly don't get the hype about Harris. I've seen a few of her speeches and she comes across as someone not really in tune with what she is trying to get across.. Certainly not "Presidential" anyway.

Is it too late to have someone else to run?
I’ve not seen any hype about Harris, just loads of comments saying she won’t be a good candidate. Now she’s going to be in the spotlight we should be able to make a better judgment.

I think it will unfortunately be a Trump win however if he loses by such a tiny margin, you know what he's going to do...
We know what Trump et al are going to do if he loses, regardless of the margin.

He could lose by a landslide and will call the election a fraud.

I think how the Trump campaign (and MAGA movement) react to having a non-white woman as the Democratic candidate will have a larger impact on swing voter sentiment (and even possibly republican women voters) than people are currently predicting on here.
You of all people should know it will have zero impact — zero — on Republican women voters. Young people who aren’t undecided BUT who might not have otherwise shown up — could be.

Sounds like all Harris will be doing is opening the door for Trump instead of putting up a fight, the Democrats should have gotten someone in sooner.
It sounds like Harris is getting a lot of support, so it depends on who her running mate is.

It will also be interesting to see if anyone opposes her now.
She gets the campaign money but If a couple of heavyweights enter the race, she needs to step up her game in the next month.

You of all people should know it will have zero impact — zero — on Republican women voters. Young people who aren’t undecided but who might not have otherwise shown up — could be.
It will have zero impact on ALL republican women voters?

I think you might have said the same about the abortion referendums in some of the southern states, as well? Or I could be mistaken (and I apologise if I am).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.