US Politics Thread

I get it but the Union leaders are just as much beholden to their members as the President is to their various constituents.

The Biden administration has made it a key imperative to strengthen labor and Unions. More so than any other president administration before it. For Harris to pivot would be extremely awkward to go against Biden’s policies and for the Union leaders beholden to their members would also be put in an uncomfortable situation.

Starmer thought he needed to tip toe his way to power to get there. Harris is on a completely different political reality. Tacking to the right of Biden will not be her winning plan.
I think she’ll stick with what Biden has been doing, and may go even further. She seems that kind of person.

I’m not an expert on American politics, just hoping that her running mate brings something else to the party.

Is it only me that sees the current campaigning as akin to our own recent GE, GOP being like the Tories, with far-right, nationalist tendencies, and Dem’s like Labour, being states-person like, also carrying the ming vase?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.