US Politics Thread

Yes… you understand the VP on a ticket being very unlikeable doesn’t mean that the ticket itself will be easy to beat, especially when the top of the ticket is the cult… err, I mean party leader, right?

But I get the sense from your apparently not being arsed to go a page back to check what I actually said means you aren’t here to have a good faith discussion.
you'd be wrong, I'm just spinning plates at work and dipping in

you'd be wrong, I'm just spinning plates at work and dipping in
Well, if you actually are trying to have a good faith debate, here’s a primer on presidential voting in America: people vote for the ticket (Presidential Nominee and Vice Presidential Nominee) not the nominees separately, hence why Vance being so unliked is an issue for Trump, and makes them together more beatable in my (and other actual political analysts’) opinion, but does not necessarily make them “easy” to beat.

Trump is the leader of a cult, of which there are far more members than anyone should be comfortable with, and those are never “easy” to beat in these types of situations.

Well, if you actually are trying to have a good faith debate, here’s a primer on presidential voting in America: people vote for the ticket (Presidential Nominee and Vice Presidential Nominee) not the nominees separately, hence why Vance being so unliked is an issue for Trump, and makes them together more beatable in my (and other actual political analysts’) opinion, but does not necessarily make them “easy” to beat.

Trump is the leader of a cult, of which there are far more members than anyone should be comfortable with, and those are never “easy” to beat in these types of situations.
so Trump picks an unpopular VP, and he's so fkn clueless they should be able to wipr the floor with them - and as unconvincing as Harris has shown so far, she will pick up all the Biden support and probably garner more support from the black/hispanic/etc vote and the wimmin too

so Trump picks an unpopular VP, and he's so fkn clueless they should be able to wipr the floor with them - and as unconvincing as Harris has shown so far, she will pick up all the Biden support and probably garner more support from the black/hispanic/etc vote and the wimmin too
Interesting take.

If it was up to Trump he wouldn't have a VP.

Vance is a yes man. He has a low profile and will stay out of the way. The fact people don't like him won't bother Trump or his supporters. The idea that Trump would pick a strong VP to play to undecided voters is fantasy. Trump wants loyalty and someone who will do what Pence didn't when the time comes.

He chose Pence last time to bring support from the nut job Christian block. Interesting that he doesn't see that as a requirement this time.

If it was up to Trump he wouldn't have a VP.

Vance is a yes man. He has a low profile and will stay out of the way. The fact people don't like him won't bother Trump or his supporters. The idea that Trump would pick a strong VP to play to undecided voters is fantasy. Trump wants loyalty and someone who will do what Pence didn't when the time comes.

He chose Pence last time to bring support from the nut job Christian block. Interesting that he doesn't see that as a requirement this time.
I agree that it won’t bother Trump or his supporters (too much, at least not at present). My assessment is that Vance will bother independents and democrats that may not have otherwise voted, which is where the problems lie for Trump and MAGA.

And Vance wasn’t chosen because he is a “yes man” (there are plenty of other equally compliant lieutenants Trump could have chosen for that), he was chosen because he can bring in the tech bro / VC funding that Trump’s campaign desperately needs.

I agree that it won’t bother Trump or his supporters (too much, at least not at present). My assessment is that Vance will bother independents and democrats that may not have otherwise voted, which is where the problems lie for Trump and MAGA.

And Vance wasn’t chosen because he is a “yes man”, he was chosen because he can bring in the tech bro / VC funding that Trump’s campaign desperately needs.
Not sure how much money Vance would bring in. He is bought and paid for by Peter Thiel who is already a Trump donor. It's more likely that appointing Vance was a condition of Thiel money going in.

Not sure how much money Vance would bring in. He is bought and paid for by Peter Thiel who is already a Trump donor. It's more likely that appointing Vance was a condition of Thiel money going in.
Yes, that is part of the funding I spoke of, hence Vance’s selection. But behind the scenes Vance is tapping his VC network and soliciting funding beyond Thiel (and using Thiel and Musk to draw in more tech bros to back Trump, directly or indirectly).

He is someone that knows the playing field and the language from his VC days, and one of the reasons he won his seat in congress was his ability to draw from the tech bro / VC world for funding (perhaps the biggest reason, based on how marginal his victory actually was).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.