US Politics Thread

Much has been written about not only Trump’s similarity to Jones, but about the way he naturally speaks and interacts with others being exactly like a cult leader.

In fact, a bonafide Jonestown survivor, who was shot five times and left for dead (she was an aid to Rep. Leo Ryan, who was murdered there in that same shooting, before Jones ordered his entire congregation to commit suicide), and later became a congresswoman, has said in no uncertain terms that Trump and Jones should be rightly compared.

People who were in Jonestown have said similar things. This from Yulunda Williams who fled from the cult a year before the massacre:

“I sometimes listen to [Trump] - he sounds so much [like him] and the rhetoric is so similar to that of Jim Jones," Ms Williams said. "But it is absolutely eerie for me.”

When I made that post I hadn’t really thought to look up whether others had made a similar connection. In a way it’s not necessarily surprising as Trump has probably been compared to every mendacious leader in human history. But there was something about the mannerisms and way of speaking that I found really uncanny.

I think I’d previously viewed Kamala Harris as your typical milquetoast centre right uninspiring but reasonably competent political bod. Trying to be progressive but not really strong enough to make reform happen and therefore she just ended up looking like a cog in the machine for institutions which have a long history of oppressing lower socioeconomic demographics.

But I have to say, the more I hear from her… she is kinda growing on me. I find it hard to place her but I’m starting to come round to thinking that maybe her judicial baggage makes her look less progressive than she actually is in reality. I’m starting to suspect she might have a more radical streak in her.

Also I’ve heard she is “brat”. Whatever that means.

Apparently the longest standing ovation in Congress ever. Absolutely fuckin disgusting watching these Congress folk and Senators fawning over this Mass Murdering ****. Bastards!
I certainly hope that ovation was almost entirely from the MAGA side of the aisle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.