US Politics Thread

That's my concern.

Harris needs a clear win so Trump and his cult of MAGA cannot take the result to SCOTUS.
Uh, he'll try to do that even if he loses 20% to 80%. As many have said, he cannot afford to lose. And even if he does, goes through the "rigged" bullshit again, and is shut down again, he'll immediately announce he's a candidate for 2028 so he can keep claiming "political witch hunt" to try to cloak himself in the "Democrat vendetta" crown of thorns.

That the Trump camp would let this leak either means they are in an absolute panic, someone there wants out of/revenge on the campaign, they are even more colossal morons than we thought already, or the source is wrong.
Nah, it'll be a deliberate 'leak' to test the waters. Then if it goes badly, they can claim it was fake news.

You see it all the time with unpopular policies in government too. Leak it, see what the reaction is, then water it down and then rather than 'look at this awful policy,' they get 'well at least it's not as bad as what everyone feared.'

I'll be honest, if I have to hear another American banging on about therapy...

It's like it's replaced prescription drugs as the sticking plaster for all of America's problems. And then the irony of basically using "you need therapy" as an insult to anyone you don't like, effectively creating a stigma around it. Presumably the opposite of what she'd claim her values are.

Nobody can just be a **** any more, they always have to have some sort of undiagnosed mental health condition that of course we can diagnose from the comfort of a TV studio.

Amazing (or not maybe) that the corporate media gave done a 180 and now realise they're backing the wrong horse...cunts
GDP 2.8% ...
401Ks through the roof
Reminds me of those twats at The Sun..
Join the Meidas Mighty @ MTN!

It's like it's replaced prescription drugs as the sticking plaster for all of America's problems. And then the irony of basically using "you need therapy" as an insult to anyone you don't like, effectively creating a stigma around it. Presumably the opposite of what she'd claim her values are.

Nobody can just be a **** any more, they always have to have some sort of undiagnosed mental health condition that of course we can diagnose from the comfort of a TV studio.
Mental health is an enormous global problem, particularly in the US. But I agree this type of approach is an anathema to attempting to gently coax Alpha males out of a culture and climate of denial.
Denial is the real underlying problem.

Nah, it'll be a deliberate 'leak' to test the waters. Then if it goes badly, they can claim it was fake news.

You see it all the time with unpopular policies in government too. Leak it, see what the reaction is, then water it down and then rather than 'look at this awful policy,' they get 'well at least it's not as bad as what everyone feared.'
Fair point! Perhaps that is the logical explanation.

25 years ago my wife and I had marital counseling and I’ll be honest — it really helped. I was a better person for it and my wife and I are still enjoying each other’s company 32 years in. But to your point: 1) I tend to be self-reflective, self-critical and willing to change and that is probably a necessary condition to therapy working well and 2) like with medicine, once you’re better you should stop taking it, but therapists in my experience often want to keep you on the hook for longer than is needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.