US Politics Thread

JFK was shot on my Mum’s birthday, when she was expecting my first sister.

RFK was shot on my Dad’s birthday, when Mum was expecting my second sister.

And they both died 18 days, before the girls were born.
Yeah, but my birthday was the real reason Walz chose that date to get married. Nothing to do with China. It's just more MAGA fake news.

I have no idea what that means.

Felt sad for him , after fifty years this is not how it should end, it does look like a weight has been lifted though as he spoke very well, in time i hope he thinks it was fair timing
By the look of him speaking yesterday, he’s over it already. He spoke well, cracked some jokes and praised Kamala. It was clearly the right thing to do.

Felt sad for him , after fifty years this is not how it should end, it does look like a weight has been lifted though as he spoke very well, in time i hope he thinks it was fair timing
Great speech, if a little long. Thought Hillary was wonderful. We've got you on the run!

It’s exactly how it should end. If he was the candidate and managed to win he’d be President until the age of 86 which is far too old. He’s done a great job for 4 years and he should relax for his final few years. The only older ex president still alive is Jimmy Carter and he was president 44 years ago.

It's another sign of decency that the Democrats stepped up and talked Joe out of running again. I have no doubt that he can still do the job and do it well but he shouldn't have to, he's served and deserves to retire and spend time with his family. If you think about it he never even wanted to return to public life after serving as VP, if he did he would have ran in 2016. He's a patriot who saw a literal fascist trying to end American democracy and stepped up to defend it.

It's another sign of decency that the Democrats stepped up and talked Joe out of running again. I have no doubt that he can still do the job and do it well but he shouldn't have to, he's served and deserves to retire and spend time with his family. If you think about it he never even wanted to return to public life after serving as VP, if he did he would have ran in 2016. He's a patriot who saw a literal fascist trying to end American democracy and stepped up to defend it.
Im not sure thats right. May be wrong but I think he was going to try in 2016 but Obama told him he wanted Hillary Clinton to be their nominee?

Agree with all this but as such I think he should have announced he was a one-term President earlier (after the midterms). That said -- tactically, changing things up on the fly and skipping a potentially contentious primary fight (and the dollars spent on it and the potential divisions raised in 2020) looks like a blessing -- whether in disguise or not. It appears the sudden switch-up has really thrown Trump for a loop (awwwww poor baby), albeit it's not like his tactics would be much different. There is a bit of me that agrees this sudden change feels a little shell-gamey, but all I care about is Trump getting smacked down, so I'm willing to embrace the ends justifying the means politically if Harris does win. And I do like Walz.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.