US Politics Thread | Biden withdraws from Presidential election race

If a manager of a leading football team chose to play a 36 year old at centre forward, for better or worse, he would have to appreciate that decision came with higher expectations than if he’d picked a 28 year old. And greater risk.

The mistakes and shortcomings of that player would be more assiduously scrutinised, and the consequences of that decision not succeeding would inevitably be greater. You take a risk, then be prepared to deal with the consequences if it doesn’t come off. And an 81 year old running for President plainly carries inherent risk.

This is what the whataboutary merchants conspicuously fail to appreciate.

Because of his age, and the public perception of his mental acuity, Biden will not be afforded the same levity as his 78 year old opponent, and the game is therefore more unforgiving and brutal towards him. It’s simple maths.

I’m not sure why this is hard for peoole to appreciate.

I feel you give people too much credit. Or you give stupid people your attention.

Nobody of any intelligence REALLY has major concerns about the mental faculties of Biden any more than people REALLY think Trump is the next Hitler and going to be a dictator. These are all just catchy social media led engagement farming to create narratives that are unprovable, absolutely nothing to do with any sort of policy, and designed to hurt the other guy by innuendo and they're self confirming. He made a salient point at NATO where he said what's the point of another test because if I take 7 then they'll need 8. It's not a real concern.

This is nothing to do with age and everything to do with how completely broken American political narratives and the absolute lunatics that surround it are. If it wasn't his age, they'd find something else. Because the point isn't the age or the stumbles, its to have a convenient and easily understood stick to beat the other guy with. This one was just easy to find.

Honestly, I do now think this election is being handed to Trump on a plate. Which is a truly horrendous prospect. It's not just that Biden is 81 now. If he gets re-elected he effectively gets a four-year contract. That would take him into his mid-eighties. Crazy, really. Sure, anybody can make a mistake, but it's pretty astonishing to me that you say Putin in a press conference when you mean Zelensky.
Part of my astonishment is that the Democrats have gone from having one of the coolest, sharpest presidents that the United States have ever had to Joe Biden. And that they don't seem to have anyone else as a credible alternative.
He was the perfect man at the perfect time after the madness of Trump. Theres an irony in that the mouthiest man in the whole world has now been able to do what Biden did last time; just keep yur head down and let the other bloke do the talking for you

I feel you give people too much credit. Or you give stupid people your attention.

Nobody of any intelligence REALLY has major concerns about the mental faculties of Biden any more than people REALLY think Trump is the next Hitler and going to be a dictator.
Trump is on the payroll of, and will do the bidding of a dictator who bears many of the hallmarks of Hitler.

Nobody of any intelligence REALLY has major concerns about the mental faculties of Biden any more than people REALLY think Trump is the next Hitler and going to be a dictator. These are all just catchy social media led engagement farming to create narratives that are unprovable, absolutely nothing to do with any sort of policy, and designed to hurt the other guy by innuendo and they're self confirming. He made a salient point at NATO where he said what's the point of another test because if I take 7 then they'll need 8. It's not a real concern.

This is nothing to do with age and everything to do with how completely broken American political narratives and the absolute lunatics that surround it are. If it wasn't his age, they'd find something else. Because the point isn't the age or the stumbles, its to have a convenient and easily understood stick to beat the other guy with. This one was just easy to find.
Certainly agree with the last paragraph.

Sooo. Biden has put himself all over the media. All over Social media. Lots of coverage for Zelensky.

Big increase in casual views and boosting focus on Ukraine, Putin, Trump.

The negative is his age. Which might be insurmountable. Many in here dropped him like a hot potato at the first debate (wha - we're the fickle ones?). Certainly hasn't lost support here since, most then go on to defend him later on.

I'll restate this age/capacity thing could backfire BIGTIME on Trump if a younger candidate does stand. Or he goes a bit 'soft' in a debate. Donald actually tweeting support.

Because he's got to cover himself.

Moreover he has to contradict Clooney and so on.

It's incredibly important in social media terms, which celebs you support. They beautifully, terrifyingly, align with and help shape the tribal identity.

I think the last week is working beautifully to dissect Trump's social media mechanic.

And his every word is getting major attention. Right now - a positive reception on tour.

Looks increasingly like it's almost him doing a Trump, on Trump. The crowd just started chanting "Lock Him Up".

I am anti-idiot, so no.

On a side note, I must say the number of people I’m talking to who used to be Republicans/conservatives but who are sitting this election out is 5x the number of Democrats I know who are.
If that’s the case, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. However, given where you live, talking with people who even used to be Republicans/conservatives must be extremely difficult and/or a minuscule number.

If, and it’s a huge if, states like Minnesota are in play and states like New Jersey and New York are states in which Bidens lead is less than 10 points there’s NO WAY Biden can win.

The only state I can see Biden flipping on Trump would be North Carolina and even that’s a stretch. Haven’t run the numbers but if Trump flips Pennsylvania, Georgia and one of Nevada, Arizona, NewMexico, Wisconsin, and/or Michigan, Trump wins. Oh let’s throw New Hampshirite in there as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.